Director of Patient Registration
The Director of Patient Registration is responsible for providing leadership over the Registration Departments at McLeod Health. Key responsibilities include ensuring the quality and accuracy of registration-related activity, maintaining a knowledgeable team, leading change and process improvement initiatives, and communicating with business services, hospital leaders, staff, and patients. The Director should be dedicated to creating a positive patient experience, patient capture and retention, and Service Excellence.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of patient access including patient identity, financial clearance (insurance verification and authorization), payors and benefits, check-in processes, registration function, forms, and impact on downstream revenue cycle. Maintains familiarity with federal and state rules and regulations.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance to our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Recruits, selects, develops, retains, and motivates staff to ensure the maintenance of a competent team. Clearly communications goals and expectations to staff, and holds staff accountable for the results in their areas of responsibility.
- Monitors and reports on team metrics. Develops and implements action plans to achieve department goals related to productivity, collections, wait times, registration accuracy, form completion, etc.
- Superuser of patient applications and leverages technology for efficiencies.
- Demonstrates leadership and commitment with respect to the quality management system by:
(a) promoting the use of the process approach and risk-based thinking;
(b) engaging, directing and supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness of the quality management system requirements;
(c) promoting improvement.
- Develops capital, expense and salary operating budgets, working with appropriate parties. Develops and implements appropriate methods to monitor budget compliance and resolve variance.
- Participates, and conducts monthly revenue cycle meetings with hospital administrator and appropriate personnel.
- Maintains cooperative working relationships with various hospital personnel, physicians, and business services counterparts to lead change. Serves as a role model for demonstrating commitment to innovation and generates enthusiasm around change initiatives.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field through continuing education. Presents new information and demonstrates knowledge by making suggestions for operations.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Healthcare environment
- Healthcare information systems experience preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word (data tables, graphs, pivot tables, formulas)
- Microsoft Access is beneficial
- Written and oral communication skills with persons of all ages and diverse backgrounds
- Excellent customer service skills
Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED from an accredited school.
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree preferred.
Florence, SC, United States