Dosimetrist (Certified), Radiation Oncology
Essential Job Responsibilities/Expectations
1. Job responsibilities include those listed in competency document.
2. Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co- workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values
3. Adhere to standard work.
4. Create and transfer reference images and localization using specified imaging devices including, but not limited to CT, MRI, and PET.
5. Design a treatment plan by means of computer and/or manual computation with optimal beam geometry to deliver a prescribed radiation dose and spare critical structures in accordance with the Radiation Oncologists prescription.
6. Identify and contour normal and dose-limiting structures by utilizing images form one or more data sets. Assumes proficiency in image registration with various image data sets to include CT, MRE, and PET.
7. Perform or assist in the planning and implementation of the production of molds, casts and other immobilization devices.
8. Perform calculations for the accurate delivery of the prescribed dose, document all pertinent information in the patient record and verify the mathematical accuracy of all calculations by an approved method.
9. Assists with brachytherapy procedures.
10. Teach aspects of medical dosimetry to students and radiation therapists.
11. Assist in the simulations and tumor localization using specified imaging devices including, but not limited to CT, MRI and PET.
12. Communicate with the radiation therapist(s) and assumes an advisory role in the implementation of the treatment plan including: the correct use of immobilization devices, compensators, wedges, field arrangement and other treatment or imagining parameters.
13. Foster an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for all customers.
14. Demonstrates continued professional growth through setting goals and participating in educational offerings.
Zero to less than 1 year of related work experience
An active CMD as verified by MDCB
Physical requirements: Refer to Occupational Risk Assessment
Florence, SC, United States