Dosimetrist – Certified
- Job responsibilities include those listed in competency document.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values
- Adhere to standard work.
- Create and transfer reference images and localization using specified imaging devices including, but not limited to CT, MRI, and PET.
- Design a treatment plan by means of computer and/or manual computation with optimal beam geometry to deliver a prescribed radiation dose and spare critical structures in accordance with the Radiation Oncologist’s prescription.
- Identify and contour normal and dose-limiting structures by utilizing images form one or more data sets. Assumes proficiency in image registration with various image data sets to include CT, MRE, and PET.
- Perform or assist in the planning and implementation of the production of molds, casts and other immobilization devices.
- Perform calculations for the accurate delivery of the prescribed dose, document all pertinent information in the patient record and verify the mathematical accuracy of all calculations by an approved method.
- Assists with brachytherapy procedures.
- Teach aspects of medical dosimetry to students and radiation therapists.
- Assist in the simulations and tumor localization using specified imaging devices including, but not limited to CT, MRI and PET.
- Communicate with the radiation therapist(s) and assumes an advisory role in the implementation of the treatment plan including: the correct use of immobilization devices, compensators, wedges, field arrangement and other treatment or imagining parameters.
- Foster an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for all customers.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth through setting goals and participating in educational offerings.
Florence, SC, United States