Echocardiography Sonographer – Days (Cheraw)
Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values. Will serve as technical staff in the Echo Lab per International Accreditation Commission definitions. Technical staff responsibilities include but are not limited to: Reports to the Director of Radiology. Assumes the responsibilities specified by the Director of Radiology and, in general, is responsible for the performance of clinical examinations and other tasks assigned. Able to perform adult echocardiograms. Maintains the storage and safety of medications – identify those items stored in the supply room that are considered medications (large volume IV’s, alcohol, saline, medications in prepackaged kits.) Understands the importance of securing all medications under lock and key. Demonstrates appropriate handling and storage of medication. Works to maintain satisfactory working relationships with Echo medical and Director of Radiology, physicians, ancillary departments, visitors, patients, and patient’s family members.Seeks opportunities to promote the vision, goals and values of McLeod Health. All other duties and assignments as directed by leadership.
- Full Time; 80 hours biweekly.
- Monday-Friday, Day shift, No call No weekends No holidays
- Two years adult echocardiography experience preferred.
- Ultrasound school completion with registry preferred.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED from an accredited school
- Must document at least 15 hours of echocardiography-related CME over a period of three years.
- Credentialed in echocardiography and registered in one of the following areas: Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) from American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARMDS). Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) or Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS) from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI). Canadian Registered Cardiac Sonographer (CRCS) Canadian Association of Registered Diagnostic Ultrasound Professionals (CARDUP).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
Cheraw, SC, United States