Supervisor for Housekeeping (FT 2nd Shift) – Cheraw
- Assists with operational planning and direction of the Environmental Services Department.
- Assists in interviewing/screening of department applicants.
- Provides initial training for newly assigned employees and on-going training and continuous coaching for all staff.
- Additional responsibilities include developing work schedules; evaluating subordinates; maintaining equipment; monitoring and ordering supplies; keeps records, maintains logs and charts, completes essential documentation as required, and submits reports in order to meet deadlines.
- Ensures availability of resources enabling work teams to function effectively.
- On occasion, the necessity to perform the essential functions of a subordinate worker, in order to provide a clean and aseptic environment for the safety and health of our patients, visitors, physicians and employees, by performing various housekeeping and other duties.
- When working with a team, the Supervisor will provide instruction and coaching to team members while performing team associated tasks such as, but are not limited to: waste removal; dusting, cleaning and sanitizing of fixtures and surfaces; dust and damp mopping; biohazard spill cleanup; soiled linen removal; cleaning, sanitizing and making of beds; vacuuming, floor and carpet care, special projects, and changing of drapes and cubicle curtains.
- Must become proficient in the proper use of floor and carpet care battery operated and cord electric equipment.
- Must become proficient in established restorative, interim and routine floor and carpet care procedures.
- Must be capable to remove bulk biohazard and solid waste.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Uses computer for computer based training, data collection, e-mail and other pertinent computer programs.
- Must adhere to Hospital and Departmental Policies and Procedures.
- Must follow applicable regulatory agency laws.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Previous experience as a hospital and/or commercial housekeeping supervisory or floor technician may be required. CHESP certification desired. Good communication skills and professional telephone etiquette are essential. Must be able to read write, and follow verbal and written instructions. Must be able to communicate by phone.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED) from an accredited school
- Full-time, 80 hours bi-weekly
- Normal work schedule is 6:00pm – 2:30am, splitting 2nd and 3rd shift. Mon – Friday with a periodic weekend rotation.
Cheraw, SC, United States