Environmental Services Tech, 1st shift, Cheraw
- Cleans and sanitizes entire area of assigned responsibility, including all vertical and horizontal surfaces (except nursing equipment), all bathrooms to include baseboards, corners, and under and around toilet area, outside and inside of cabinets, refrigerators, discharge bedpans, carpet spots and empties trash
- Cleans and sanitizes discharge patient rooms within the allotted 30 minutes.
- Cleans “High Touch” patient room cleaning with an effective clean rating of 85%.
- Demonstrates cost awareness through proper utilization of supplies, utility conservation, equipment and cart upkeep
- Records and maintains daily cleaning, discharge cleaning and terminal cleaning records as required.
- Respond appropriately to hazardous spills.
- Notifies Lead Tech of all work repairs needed in the area of responsibility.
- Follow completely all SOP’s, policies and regulations concerning infectious/hazardous waste handling, infection control, safety, hazard communication (right to know) and OSHA’s bloodborne pathogen standard.
- Demonstrates comprehension and compliance of SOP’s and policies related to infectious/hazardous waste, infection control, hazardous communication, safety regulations, OSHA bloodborne pathogen standard.
- Performs basic floor care techniques.
- Maintains all floor and carpet equipment in accordance with established procedures.
- Communicates to supervisor all safety concerns and other issues.
- Performs trash collection and disposal duties as assigned.
- Drives hospital vehicle to perform offsite cleaning.
- Maintains hospital vehicles according to guidelines.
- Moves beds/stretchers/furniture to ensure rooms are ready for admissions.
- Performs special project floor care techniques.
- Performs intricate floor and carpet care measures in accordance with established procedures.
- Performs routine floor care to include cleaning, buffing and burnishing of hard surface flooring.
- Performs restorative floor care to include stripping and refinishing of hard surface flooring.
- Performs routine carpet care to include vacuuming, spotting and spin bonnet cleaning of carpet surface fibers.
- Ensures meeting areas are cleaned pre and post meeting.
- Assists with new employee training.
- 21 years of age and a valid driver’s license is required due to insurance requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited school, preferred
- Full-time, 80 hours bi-weekly (1st shift)
Cheraw, SC, United States