Epic Application Analyst I (Resolute – Professional Billing)
Essential Job Responsibilities/Expectations
- Job responsibilities include those listed in the competencies document
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Collaborates system support which includes design, modifications to software applications, including encoding, system preference modifications, documentation, testing, training or sharing of system functions as appropriate.
- Serves as a liaison between the IT Department, vendors and clients for multiple systems/applications.
- Provides technical/application assistance to clients and IT staff as appropriate.
- Participates in system upgrades and provides support as appropriate.
- Completes tasks on time and meets assignment dates.
- Ensures system changes follow change management procedures and protocols.
- Assists with creating, documenting, and executing test plans for supported applications.
- Participates in support for systems both daily and during implementations.
- Participates in an on-call rotation schedule, to include daily, after hours, weekends, providing 24×7 client support as necessary.
- Works collaboratively with IT Educators to ensure system feature and function modifications are shared with educators so training plans and documentation can be updated appropriately.
- Epic Certification (Professional Billing, Charge Build and Charge Router, preferred)
- Minimum of one year of computer system application modifications or support experience.
- Minimum of one year of PC-oriented experience to include basic word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Minimum of an Associate degree in Healthcare/Computer Science/Business from an accredited school or equivalent work experience
Physical Requirements: Refer to Occupational Risk Assessment
Suggestions (based on Epic Staffing Guide)
IT Epic Analyst (Resolute – Professional Billing) should have a solid understanding of revenue cycle management and/or experience with billing operations. IT Analyst should possess a general knowledge of Epic Charge Router and Benefits Engine.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Acting as primary support contact for application end-users
- Identifying issues that arise in their application area as well as issues that impact other application teams and working to resolve them
- Guiding workflow design, building and testing the system and analyzing other technical issues associated with Epic software
- Identifying and implementing requested changes to the system
- Serving as a liaison between end users’ workflow needs and Epic implementation staff
- Maintaining regular communication with Epic representatives, including participating in weekly IT/Operations team meetings
- Working with Epic representatives, McLeod’s business community and end users to ensure the system meets the organization’s business needs
- Developing an understanding of operational needs to set the direction for Mcleod’s workflows by shadowing users and integrated working sessions
- Participating in training and working directly with end users
- Troubleshooting problems and questions
- Reviewing the status of projects and issues on an ongoing basis with leadership
- Participating in weekly workgroup communications with team members to discuss the status of deliverables, shared issues, end-user concerns, budget and upcoming milestones
- Understanding key operational data metrics
- Maintaining certifications and proficiency
- Preparing for and participating in upcoming system updates and new releases
- Critical Thinking
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Work Ethic
- Communication Skills
Florence, SC, United States