EVS Supervisor – WOW (2nd Shift)
McLeod Regional Medical Center (MRMC) invites qualified persons to apply for the position of EVS Supervisor located on the corporate campus in Florence, South Carolina
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
The successful candidate will work as an integral part of the Environmental Services team, actively participating in the growth of a patient-centered and quality-focused program.
- Assist with operational planning and direction of the Environmental Services Department.
- Assist in interviewing/screening of department applicants.
- Provide initial training for newly assigned employees and on-going training and continuous coaching for all staff.
- Additional responsibilities include developing work schedules; evaluating subordinates; maintaining equipment; monitoring and ordering supplies; keeps records, maintains logs and charts, completes essential documentation as required, and submits reports in order to meet deadlines.
- Ensure availability of resources enabling work teams to function effectively.
- On occasion, the necessity to perform the essential functions of a subordinate worker, in order to provide a clean and aseptic environment for the safety and health of our patients, visitors, physicians and employees, by performing various housekeeping and other duties.
- When working with a team, the Supervisor will provide instruction and coaching to team members while performing team associated tasks such as, but are not limited to: waste removal; dusting, cleaning and sanitizing of fixtures and surfaces; dust and damp mopping; biohazard spill cleanup; soiled linen removal; cleaning, sanitizing and making of beds; vacuuming, floor and carpet care, special projects, and changing of drapes and cubicle curtains.
- Must become proficient in the proper use of floor and carpet care battery operated and cord electric equipment.
- Must become proficient in established restorative, interim and routine floor and carpet care procedures.
- Must be capable to remove bulk biohazard and solid waste.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Uses computer for computer based training, data collection, e-mail and other pertinent computer programs.
- Must adhere to Hospital and Departmental Policies and Procedures.
- Must follow applicable regulatory agency laws.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Work Schedule: 48 Hours Bi- Weekly
Hours: 2nd Shift (3p-1130p)Friday, Saturday, and Sunday – Weekend Only Work
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED) from an accredited school
- Previous experience as a hospital and/or commercial housekeeping supervisory or floor technician may be required- CHESP certification desired.
- Good communication skills and professional telephone etiquette are essential.
- Must be able to read write, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to communicate by phone.
MRMC is located in Florence, South Carolina, centrally situated (within driving distance) between Charlotte, NC, Myrtle Beach, SC, historic Columbia, SC (the state capitol) and Charleston, SC.
We are proud to offer both competitive salaries and benefit packages
- Variety of Medical Benefit Packages:
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Florence, SC, United States