Evs Tech – 3rd Shift
Essential Job Responsibilities/Expectations
1. Job responsibilities include those listed in competencies document
2. Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
3. Consistently displays the EVS GET-IT scripting when interacting with patient population.
4. Greet all customers in a courteous manner. Ensures customer’s requests are followed through to the satisfaction of the customer. Respects customer privacy and confidentiality
5. Cleans and sanitizes entire area of assigned responsibility, including all vertical and horizontal surfaces (except nursing equipment), all bathrooms to include baseboards, corners, and under and around toilet area, outside and inside of cabinets, refrigerators, discharge bedpans, carpet spots and empties trash
6. Cleans and sanitizes discharge patient rooms within the allotted 30 minutes.
7. Cleans “High Touch” patient room cleaning with an effective clean rating of 85%.
8. Demonstrates cost awareness through proper utilization of supplies, utility conservation, equipment and cart upkeep
9. Records and maintains daily cleaning, discharge cleaning and terminal cleaning records as required.
10. Respond appropriately to hazardous spills.
11. Notifies Lead Tech of all work repairs needed in the area of responsibility.
12. Follow completely all SOP’s, policies and regulations concerning infectious/hazardous waste handling, infection control, safety, hazard communication (right to know) and OSHA’s bloodborne pathogen standard.
13. Attends, participates and demonstrates comprehension of required and optional in-services.
14. Demonstrates comprehension and compliance of SOP’s and policies related to infectious/hazardous waste, infection control, hazardous communication, safety regulations, OSHA bloodborne pathogen standard.
15. Performs basic floor care techniques.
16. Maintains all floor and carpet equipment in accordance with established procedures.
17. Communicates to supervisor all safety concerns and other issues.
18. Follow all safety requirements pertaining to floor care, including electric cord inspection and use of wet floor signs.
19. Performs trash collection and disposal duties as assigned.
20. Follow proper lifting techniques as necessary.
21. Drives hospital vehicle to perform offsite cleaning.
22. Maintains hospital vehicles according to guidelines.
23. Ensures all cleaning activities are logged
24. Moves beds/stretchers/furniture to ensure rooms are ready for admissions.
25. Maintain clean and orderly conditions in all assigned work areas. Represent the department with the highest level of professional and ethical standards
26. Demonstrates the ability to identify those items stored in the supply room that are considered medications (large volume IVs, alcohol, saline, medications in prepackaged kits.
27. Demonstrates understanding of the importance of securing all medications under lock and key.
28. Job responsibilities include those listed in the competency document.
29. Requires the ability to work under/handle stressful situations.
30. Must be a quick thinker and able to display positive emotional behavior, as well as apply positive social skills with co-workers, vendors, customers, and patients.
31. Performs special project floor care techniques.
32. Performs intricate floor and carpet care measures in accordance with established procedures. Performs routine floor care to include cleaning, buffing and burnishing of hard surface flooring.
33. Performs restorative floor care to include stripping and refinishing of hard surface flooring.
34. Performs routine carpet care to include vacuuming, spotting and spin bonnet cleaning of carpet surface fibers.
35. Ensures meeting areas are cleaned pre and post meeting.
36. Assists with new employee training.
37. Maintains a high-quality level of work activity. Ensures discharges are cleaned and “Picture Perfect” daily.
Qualifications/Training: 21 years of age and a valid driver’s license is required due to insurance requirements.
High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited school or successful completion of WIN Testing or completion of McLeod approved Transition to Work Program.
Refer to Occupational Risk Assessment
Same Posting Description for Internal and External Candidates
Cheraw, SC, United States