Financial Counselor, Cardiology Associates
Job responsibilities include those listed in competency document.
Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values
- Answers telephone within three rings using good customer service skills to ascertain the nature of the call as needed.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette when receiving and transferring calls; speaks clearly and concisely. Exercises tact and diplomacy
- Maintains confidentiality in talking with patients, upholding policies and setting an example.
- Uses exceptional customer skills when speaking with patients and other internal departments
- Keeps work area neat, clear of clutter.
- Monitors email throughout the day
- Demonstrates a willingness to assist coworkers when workloads require
- Works schedule daily to call patients to go over current and past balances.
- Sets up payment plan based on MPA policy
- Collect balances from patients.
- Display advanced computer skills within programs such as Excel and Word and Internet use
- Display ability to learn and retain basic medical terminology allowing proficient navigation and documentation within the electronic medical record
- Maintain knowledge of up to date payor specific programs.
- Assist with Cash Balancing procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Basic knowledge of computer input.
Must be able to perform basic clerical functions.
Comprehend medical terminology.
Good spelling and number skills.
Clear, concise voice.
Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED from an accredited school
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and carry up to 25 pounds occasionally. Will involve some stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, with frequent standing and walking. Requires manual dexterity with ability to perceive size, shape, temperature, texture; auditory and visual accuracy required with attention to verbal abilities and color discrimination.
Florence, SC, United States