FINANCIAL SYSTEMS ANALYST – Payroll Services
- Job responsibilities include those listed in competencies document
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Assists all employees associated with McLeod Health and all its entities so that they have a clear understanding of the policy and procedures for Payroll Services to ensure accuracy with our employees pay statements.
- Answers employee inquiries timely, correctly and with a positive, friendly attitude.
- Understands and adheres to the importance of total confidentiality of all activities within the payroll Department.
- Demonstrates initiative to resolve problems / issues and to include supervisor in special situations only.
- Demonstrates wise time management.
- Responsible for set up, maintenance, training and auditing of the API Time and Attendance system.
- Audits Lawson and API for policy violations, correct information, potential compliance issues, etd.
- Completes assigned system implementations, upgrades and their testing.
- Helps to design and implement new payroll processes and system improvements to better payroll processes.
- Provides support to employees and other departments including Finance, Nursing and Administration.
- Partners with senior members of the Payroll staff to determine the cause of any issues within the HR / Payroll System or API. Setting a course of action to correct the issue and the best process to keep the issue from happening again.
- Queries databases and compiling data into usable reports, both standard and on demand.
- Other duties supporting the day to day operations of the Payroll Department include:
- Payroll Processing in Lawson
- Closing / Balancing the pay period in API
- Uploading data into Lawson using Microsoft Add-ins, including Home Health, Health & Fitness, Other Pay Various departments, etc.
- Special Pays including retro calculations
- Deductions including Garnishments
- Manual Accruals as needed
- Any other duties related to the processing of payroll as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications /Training:
- 5+ years of experience working in payroll or accounting field with a payroll background or Information
Systems working with Payroll / Accounting.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and have a working knowledge of Crystal Report Writing and database
- Must have good written and oral communication skills and be a team player.
- Must be able to adapt quickly to changing technologies, switch from complex to routine tasks when
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Science with a strong emphasis in computer science or a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science with a strong emphasis in accounting / payroll.
Florence, SC, United States