Fitness Leader, PRN
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Provides safe, motivating, and effective individualized exercise instruction. Instructs new members on the proper use of exercise equipment.
- Develops exercise programs incorporating all five components of fitness.
- Reviews each member’s fitness and medical history prior to initial training/orientation session.
- Is prompt and prepared for appointments, shifts, and staff meetings.
- Is knowledgeable of MHFC programs and promotes them whenever appropriate.
- Promptly returns all member phone calls.
- Exhibits good listening skills when member, guest or staff issues arise, and problem solves professionally. Defers to Manager on Duty if issues need further arbitration.
- Maintains a neat, clean, and orderly exercise environment. Assists with equipment maintenance as needed.
- Conducts fitness assessments and orientations with accuracy and efficiency.
- Brings Fitness Services Manager any questions regarding members’ special needs or desires.
- Does not offer advice outside area of own expertise.
- Is a role model of good health and fitness.
- Follows the orientation format as outlined by the Fitness Services Manager.
- Utilizes Activelinxx Interactive Network Computer System to conduct orientations.
- Promotes Activelinxx to all members, potential members and staff.
- Sends a minimum of one message per member each month.
- Runs Activelinxx performance filters during each shift addressing any requests for review immediately.
- Address plateaued, inactive, time for review, and poor attendance members weekly. Follows procedures as outlined by the Fitness Services Manager.
- Maintains an accurate member base.
- Makes professional phone calls to offer members encouragement and to identify any member concerns or needs.
- Develops and maintains computer skills.
- Ensures all policies and procedures of the department and the McLeod Health and Fitness Center are being followed by members, guests, and self.
- Attends CPR and First Aid practice sessions.
- Circulates through the facility to identify any equipment or maintenance concerns.
- Attends and actively participates in staff training as scheduled.
General computer keyboard typing skills
Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED from an accredited school required.
CPR/AED certifications required with in 30 days of hire.
Florence, SC, United States