Join Our Talent Community
Sign up and receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.
In the first year of employment, the McLeod nurse should become competent in the skills needed to meet patient care needs. Care to our patients must be competent, safe, individualized and holistic. The focus on quality of care and safety provided to patients, drives our nurses to engage in their commitment to the organization and to the profession. Nursing practice is built from the Mission, Vision and Values and strategic plan of McLeod Health. We are committed to serving as an institution that facilitates the continuing education of all nurses. We further believe qualified staff who are interested and have demonstrated positive results in improving outcomes, avoiding complications, showing expertise and demonstrating proficiency in use of state of the art technology should be considered for promotions within the organization.
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Level: Mid
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
What makes a successful Nurse at McLeod Health? Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
"Nursing at Mcleod is not a “job”. Nursing at Mcleod is an opportunity to be part of an awesome team that allows you to provide excellent care to patients and grow as a professional."
— Tammie, Assistant Director of Emergency Department at McLeod Health
McLeod Health can help you get off to an excellent start.
Clinical Documentation Special - Documentation Integrity (RN Required)
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Clinical Documentation Specialist - Documentation Integrity
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Responsible for improving the overall quality and completeness of clinical documentation. Facilitates modifications to clinical documentation through extensive interaction with physicians, nursing staff, other patient caregivers, and medical records coding staff to ensure that appropriate reimbursement is received for the level of service rendered to all patients with a DRG based payer (Medicare, Medicaid, and others).
- Ensures the accuracy and completeness of clinical information used for measuring and reporting physician and medical center outcomes.
- Educates all members of the patient care team on an ongoing basis.
Work Schedule: 80 Hours biweekly. Day Shift. 8:30am - 5:00pm. Flexible schedule.
Requirement/Education/Certification: Must possess a valid SC license- RN.
- Three years of recent clinical experience
- The ability to lead interdisciplinary teams to achieve outcomes.
- Employee must have effective interpersonal communication skills and utilization of critical thinking in timely decision-making.
- Utilization Review, coding and case management experience.
- Job Location
- Florence, South Carolina, United States
- Position Type
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Employer Matching, EDCP
Scholarship, Professional Development
Maternity & Paternity Leave
Adoption Cost Benefit
Financial assistance provided
Available based on workplace needs
Paid Time Off
Holidays, Sick Days
Life and Disability Insurance
Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Dependent Life Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance, Supplemental Group Term Life Insuranc, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Available for specified positions
Onsite Child Care, Onsite Gym/Fitness Center, Cafeteria, Spa/Nails, Facials, Massage, Company Store
Nursing Mother Rooms
Available for up to one year following the birth of a child
Close to shopping, Public transportation, Restaurants and entertainment
- Physician Office RN - MCLEOD OB/GYN ASSOCIATES Florence, South Carolina
- Registered Nurse (RN) - Share the Care (Float Pool) - Med/Surg/Overflow/Post-Partum - PRN (Clarendon) Manning, South Carolina
- Registered Nurse (RN) - Share the Care (Float Pool) - OR/PACU/SDS - PRN (Clarendon) Manning, South Carolina
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs
Match jobs to your LinkedIn profileStart Matching