Join Our Talent Community
Sign up and receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.
In the first year of employment, the McLeod nurse should become competent in the skills needed to meet patient care needs. Care to our patients must be competent, safe, individualized and holistic. The focus on quality of care and safety provided to patients, drives our nurses to engage in their commitment to the organization and to the profession. Nursing practice is built from the Mission, Vision and Values and strategic plan of McLeod Health. We are committed to serving as an institution that facilitates the continuing education of all nurses. We further believe qualified staff who are interested and have demonstrated positive results in improving outcomes, avoiding complications, showing expertise and demonstrating proficiency in use of state of the art technology should be considered for promotions within the organization.
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Level: Mid
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
What makes a successful Nurse at McLeod Health? Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
"Nursing at Mcleod is not a “job”. Nursing at Mcleod is an opportunity to be part of an awesome team that allows you to provide excellent care to patients and grow as a professional."
— Tammie, Assistant Director of Emergency Department at McLeod Health
McLeod Health can help you get off to an excellent start.
Clinical Nurse (Full Time) - Transfer Center
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Serves as the primary representative for the McLeod Transfer Center. Serves as a communication link between McLeod Health Medical Staff, Referring Physicians, Administration, and Nursing Units to assure appropriate access to resources and specialists. Expedites physician consultation.
- Coordinates a smooth transition for patients needing transfer to McLeod Regional Medical Center by a referring hospital, clinic, or physician. Facilitates access to care by utilizing excellent nursing judgment and skills, and arranges for the most appropriate bed based on medical needs and admission criteria.
- Prioritizes incoming calls according to unit availability and determines response mode as emergency or non-emergency. Appropriately confirms the level of care required and mode of transportation needed according to BLS and ALS protocols.
- Coordinates transportation arrangements as appropriate.
- Communicates pertinent clinical information to all affected departments and referring facilities to expedite the admission process.
- Coordinates back-transfers to referring facilities if necessary and appropriate.
- Operates specialized software and computer systems that includes but not limited to Bed Board/TeleTracking, Transfer Center, Soarian/Cerner, Microsoft Office 365, Vital Link, and I-3 Conference Call System. Performs all computer functions as required in a timely and accurate manner.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities and assigned project work as needed. Actively participates in all cost containment measures at the unit level. Promotes an aesthetic and safe work environment.
- Problem solves, prioritizes, and multitasks on a consistent basis in order to meet patient needs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Oversees activities performed by Patient Placement Representatives and serves as a resource for precision patient placement.
- Minimum 3 years of acute care nursing
- Advanced knowledge of Windows based computer systems
- Written and verbal communication skills with persons of all ages and diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of EMTALA and other compliance regulations
- Must possess a valid SC license- RN, BLS
- Full Time. 72 Hours biweekly
- Job Location
- Florence, South Carolina, United States
- Position Type
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Employer Matching, EDCP
Scholarship, Professional Development
Maternity & Paternity Leave
Adoption Cost Benefit
Financial assistance provided
Available based on workplace needs
Paid Time Off
Holidays, Sick Days
Life and Disability Insurance
Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Dependent Life Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance, Supplemental Group Term Life Insuranc, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Available for specified positions
Onsite Child Care, Onsite Gym/Fitness Center, Cafeteria, Spa/Nails, Facials, Massage, Company Store
Nursing Mother Rooms
Available for up to one year following the birth of a child
Close to shopping, Public transportation, Restaurants and entertainment
- Registered Nurse for Emergency (FT) - McLeod Loris Loris, South Carolina
- Administrative Supervisor - Nursing Administration Florence, South Carolina
- Registered Nurse for Recovery (FT) - McLeod Loris Loris, South Carolina
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs
Match jobs to your LinkedIn profileStart Matching