Join Our Talent Community
Sign up and receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist (Pharmacist) - Internal MedicineFlorence, South Carolina
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist (Pharmacist) - Internal Medicine
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Clinical Specialist works primarily in a decentralized model providing comprehensive clinical pharmacy services including pharmacokinetics, drug dosing consultations, and adult parenteral nutrition ordering and management. He/She provides drug information, drug therapy recommendations, and education to physicians, nurses, patients, and pharmacy staff. The Clinical Specialist participates on a variety of hospital clinical committees including the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee and Clinical Effectiveness Committees. This includes reviewing literature, preparing and giving presentations as needed. He/She also assists with precepting pharmacy students and residents and serves on the Residency Advisory Council. The Clinical Specialist spends a portion of their time performing medication order entry and review, supervising pharmacy technicians, and ensuring timely and accurate medication delivery in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the hospital and pharmacy. He/She should be knowledgeable in medication therapy and exhibit the clinical and professional skills to positively interact with other health care practitioners. In addition, the Clinical Specialist works as a team member with a positive attitude when interacting with department employees, students, and other hospital personnel and contributes to the development of the practice of the profession. The Clinical Specialist is responsible for maintaining up to date knowledge in their area of practice.
Day shift, every third weekend
- The Inpatient Pharmacy is made up of a close-knit, energetic staff which focuses on a culture of quality and safety
- Provides 24-hour Pharmacy services
- Use of a decentralized pharmacy model facilitates close collaboration with physicians and other healthcare professionals, emphasizing the concept of pharmaceutical care.
- Recently expanded clinical services by adding additional coverage in the ER, ICU and Infectious Diseases.
- Looking to expand Internal Medicine services to facilitate increased integration of clinical pharmacists with hospital based physicians in various areas of the hospital.
- Pharmacists have the opportunity to work as part of the healthcare team during multidisciplinary rounds, discharge counseling, and much, much more!
- ASHP accredited PGY-1 residency program
- Opportunity to precept students from multiple Colleges of Pharmacy
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist – Internal Medicine
- This position will primarily provide decentralized pharmacy services.
- This position will be day shift with a rotation of every 3rd or 4th weekend
Benefits of working with McLeod Health
- Autonomy in the work place
- Competitive salaries
- Relocation Assistance
- Variety of benefit packages with individual or family coverage
- Required Skills
- Qualifications /Training:
- PGY1, required
- PGY2 in certain specialty areas, preferred
- Prior job-related experience, preferred
- Ability to work independently, required
- Baccalaureate degree or PharmD Degree from an accredited school of pharmacy, required
- Current, unrestricted license to practice pharmacy in the state of South Carolina
- Required Experience
- Previous Hospital experience preferred
- Job Location
- Florence, South Carolina, United States
- Position Type
- Registered Nurse for Medical Surgical Unit (FT) - McLeod Loris Loris, South Carolina
- RN CASE MANAGER - CASE MANAGEMENT Florence, South Carolina
- Registered Nurse - Labor and Delivery Florence, South Carolina
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs
Match jobs to your LinkedIn profileStart Matching