Join Our Talent Community
Sign up and receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.
Coder/Abstractor Supervisor - ( RHIA, RHIT or CCS REQUIRED)Florence, South Carolina
Coder/Abstractor Supervisor - ( RHIA, RHIT or CCS REQUIRED)
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Keeps abreast of all new coding developments by attending any coding classes, reading articles on coding updates, and attending seminars when available.
- Manages and coordinates responsible coding staff’s work duties and evaluations.
- Assist Director with hiring, terminating and discipline of Coding staff.
- Possess inpatient coding knowledge and experience necessary to accurately assign codes to determine correct principal diagnosis, identify and assign co-morbidities and complications, secondary diagnoses, present on admission indicator, discharge disposition, Hospital Acquired conditions, principal procedure and secondary procedures on all discharged inpatient records to arrive at the most appropriate DRG assignment. This knowledge should be utilized to assist coding staff with coding questions.
- Possess outpatient coding knowledge and experience necessary to accurately assign ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes for principal diagnosis and all applicable secondary diagnoses as well as accurately assign CPT procedure codes with appropriate modifiers for principal procedure and all applicable secondary procedures on all Day Surgery, Endoscopy, and Observation encounters. This knowledge should be utilized to assist coding staff with coding questions.
- Review records returned with denials to identify issues that need correction. Identify trends and provide solutions to prevent future denials. Appeals should be written when physician documentation supports the code assignment and sent to the payer for reconsideration.
- Assists and supports the Coding Director as needed.
- Performs other coding and backup duties as needed
1 to 2 years Medical Records Coding management.
Maintains credentials as RHIA, RHIT or CCS with AHIMA
- Job Location
- Florence, South Carolina, United States
- Position Type
- Registered Nurse - PICU Florence, South Carolina
- Certified Surgical Technologist with Sign On Bonus!! (FT) - McLeod Seacoast Little River, South Carolina
- Certified Surgical Technologist - Operating Room - Cheraw (PRN - As Needed) Cheraw, South Carolina
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs
Match jobs to your LinkedIn profileStart Matching