Join Our Talent Community
Sign up and receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.
In the first year of employment, the McLeod nurse should become competent in the skills needed to meet patient care needs. Care to our patients must be competent, safe, individualized and holistic. The focus on quality of care and safety provided to patients, drives our nurses to engage in their commitment to the organization and to the profession. Nursing practice is built from the Mission, Vision and Values and strategic plan of McLeod Health. We are committed to serving as an institution that facilitates the continuing education of all nurses. We further believe qualified staff who are interested and have demonstrated positive results in improving outcomes, avoiding complications, showing expertise and demonstrating proficiency in use of state of the art technology should be considered for promotions within the organization.
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Level: Mid
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
What makes a successful Nurse at McLeod Health? Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
"Nursing at Mcleod is not a “job”. Nursing at Mcleod is an opportunity to be part of an awesome team that allows you to provide excellent care to patients and grow as a professional."
— Tammie, Assistant Director of Emergency Department at McLeod Health
McLeod Health can help you get off to an excellent start.
Health Coach/Care Manager - McLeod in Florence, SC
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- The Health Coach utilizes expertise in health promotion, chronic care management and motivational interviewing to teach and support members’ self-management of health and wellness. Holistic health coaching blends various care components with evidenced-based protocols used to guide individuals to make lifestyle and behavioral changes that will improve their health status and overall wellbeing aimed at improving a better quality of life. This position relies on education, experience and judgment to plan and assist the member in accomplishing health goals. Creativity and some latitude is expected to complete the responsibilities of the role, performs a variety of tasks and works under general supervision.
- Individual Health Coaching
- Assists Healthier You members to set realistic holistic health and wellness goals utilizing system tools and professional judgment.
- Work closely with Healthier You members to understand disease specific related issues or interpret health risk assessment information to ensure members meet or exceed goals.
- Consistently measures and communicates with the Healthier You members on goal status and documents progress and measures of improvement using system tools.
- Coordinates members’ care team to assure obstacles to goals are removed including such activities as making appointments, assuring prescriptions are filled, directing care to physicians, specialists, EAP or other providers.
- Health Team Collaboration
- Communicates effectively with the extended health care team to assure that Healthier You.
- Assures member care plans in the health coaching tool align with the care team treatment, including outcomes for measurement of disease, wellness and other goals.
- Program Effectiveness
- Document progress to goals in the health coaching tool for employer reports around compliance with evidence based medicine protocols.
- Estimate fact based savings for individuals in order to report total savings to employers due to following EBM guidelines and holistic approach to care coordination through personalized coaching.
- Participates in overall program evaluation and makes recommendations for employer program quality improvements
- Clinical Initiatives and Innovation
- Works closely with the Healthier You team to participate in innovative program development for individual members or generalized wellness programming.
- Other duties as assigned
- Required Skills
- Five or more years relevant work or direct patient experience
- Prefer experience leading or engaging others to participate in programs
- Must be comfortable with using EMR’s and personal computer
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal/human relations skills
- Good problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Good time management/prioritization skills
- Superior organizational skills
Registered Nurse- valid SC license (RN), APRN, Registered Dietitian- valid SC RD license or Social Worker- experience or license required
- Job Location
- Florence, South Carolina, United States
- Position Type
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Employer Matching, EDCP
Scholarship, Professional Development
Maternity & Paternity Leave
Adoption Cost Benefit
Financial assistance provided
Available based on workplace needs
Paid Time Off
Holidays, Sick Days
Life and Disability Insurance
Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Dependent Life Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance, Supplemental Group Term Life Insuranc, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Available for specified positions
Onsite Child Care, Onsite Gym/Fitness Center, Cafeteria, Spa/Nails, Facials, Massage, Company Store
Nursing Mother Rooms
Available for up to one year following the birth of a child
Close to shopping, Public transportation, Restaurants and entertainment
- Registered Nurse for Emergency (FT) - McLeod Loris Loris, South Carolina
- Administrative Supervisor - Nursing Administration Florence, South Carolina
- Registered Nurse for Recovery (FT) - McLeod Loris Loris, South Carolina
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs
Match jobs to your LinkedIn profileStart Matching