Join Our Talent Community
Sign up and receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.
Outpatient Coder/Abstractor (needs strong background in observation coding) Onsite positionFlorence, South Carolina
Outpatient Coder/Abstractor (needs strong background in observation coding) Onsite position
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Maintains credentials with AHIMA or AAPC is required.
- Keeps abreast of all new coding developments by attending any coding classes, reading articles on coding updates, and attending seminars when available.
- Possess outpatient coding knowledge and experience necessary to accurately assign ICD-10-CM codes for principal diagnosis and all applicable secondary diagnoses on all Day Surgery, Endoscopy, and Observation encounters. (includes Ortho, Cardiology, GYN, General Surgery, Gastroenterology, Vascular, etc)
- Possess outpatient coding knowledge and experience necessary to accurately assign CPT procedure codes for principal procedure and all applicable secondary procedures on all Day Surgery, Endoscopy, and Observation encounters, when applicable, to arrive at the most appropriate APC assignment. (includes Ortho, Cardiology, GYN, General Surgery, Gastroenterology, Vascular, etc)
- Understands and appropriately assigns all applicable modifiers to CPT procedure codes when needed.
- Abstracts required information from record and enters into abstract system.
- Queries physicians appropriately when documentation is not clear in the medical record.
- Codes Day Surgery, Endoscopy and Observation encounters at all McLeod Health facilities but limited to less complex procedures.
- Maintains department specific productivity standards with a 95% accuracy rate.
- Respects patient confidentiality at all times.
- Performs other backup duties as assigned.
1 to 2 years of Hospital outpatient coding in Medical Records
Licenses and/or Certifications:
High School Diploma required, AHIMA or AAPC maintained credential required.
About McLeod: McLeod Health is the region's destination for medical excellence. Our excellence extends from the Midlands to the Coast along the border of North and South Carolina - serving more than one million people. As medical needs grow – we grow, expand, and improve our facilities and services. The McLeod Health network is comprised of 7 hospitals with locations in Florence, Darlington, Dillon, Manning, Cheraw, Loris, and Little River. We have also expanded into the Carolina Forest area of Myrtle Beach for patients looking for primary care and family physicians.
Founded over a century ago, McLeod is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system which features the strength of more than 750 physicians and 2,000 registered nurses, and more than 8,500 employees. McLeod constantly seeks to improve patient care with efforts that are physician led, data-driven and evidence-based. For more information about McLeod, please click here
Our McLeod History:
- Job Location
- Florence, South Carolina, United States
- Position Type
- Registered Nurse - PICU Florence, South Carolina
- Certified Surgical Technologist with Sign On Bonus!! (FT) - McLeod Seacoast Little River, South Carolina
- Certified Surgical Technologist - Operating Room - Cheraw (PRN - As Needed) Cheraw, South Carolina
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs
Match jobs to your LinkedIn profileStart Matching