Join Our Talent Community
Sign up and receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.
Physician Assistant - ROBOTIC SURGERY ADVANCE CARE PRACTITIONER - MRMCFlorence, South Carolina
Physician Assistant - ROBOTIC SURGERY ADVANCE CARE PRACTITIONER - MRMC
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Robotic Surgery Advance Care Practitioner
MRMC has a growing robotic surgery program, with over 1100 procedures. We currently have 3 robotic surgical systems across 7 campuses. Robotic service lines include; gynecology, urology, thoracic, and general surgery.
Under supervision and direction of the Robotic Physician Assistant Coordinator and Robotic Surgeons, and in accordance with the rules and regulations of McLeod governing PA/NP practice, the Robotic ACP will be responsible for the care of patients in robotic surgery.
Benefits & Perks:
- Attractive work schedule
- CME reimbursement and time outside of normal PTO to take classes, attend conferences etc.
ACP mentoring program
- Required Skills
- Operating Room:
- Advance Care Practitioner works primarily as bedside assistant during robotic assisted procedure across multiple service lines.
- Assists in the preparation of the patient for the surgical procedure
- Foley catheter insertion when required
- Positioning the patient on the OR table
- Prep/drape the patient for the procedure.
- Available to troubleshoot any and all issues related to the robot and all associated instruments and devices
- Identifying the correct landmarks and making the incision
- Identifying anatomical structures
- Correct use of instruments
- Assist during the surgical procedure in the role of a first or second assistant
- Participates during the operative procedure in place of a physician or surgical resident.
- Is knowledgeable of all aspects of the role of a first or second assistant
- Will be granted advanced responsibilities as determined by the Attending Surgeon and approved by the Surgical Coordinating Committee.
- Responsible for own professional growth and maintenance of required credentials.
- Maintains the standards and educational requirements specific to the position and licensure
- There are no outpatient clinical duties.
- Inpatient duties can include; post-operative care
- Position is Monday through Friday, day shift
- Hours are variable based on OR schedule, but can include overnight or weekends as the program grows.
- Operating Room:
- Required Experience
- Must be Board Eligible or Board Certified
- Medical advance care practitioner with current license to practice in the state of South Carolina.
- Physician Assistants must also have a current certification through the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Job Location
- Florence, South Carolina, United States
- Position Type
- Registered Nurse for Medical Surgical Unit (FT) - McLeod Loris Loris, South Carolina
- RN CASE MANAGER - CASE MANAGEMENT Florence, South Carolina
- Registered Nurse - Labor and Delivery Florence, South Carolina
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs
Match jobs to your LinkedIn profileStart Matching