Forensic Nurse Examiner (PRN)
- Responds to notification of presentation of sexual assault victim/patient to the Emergency Department within one hour of notification.
- Provides evaluation, evidence collection, and trauma-informed care to patients/victims of sexual assault of varying ages based on current best-practice guidelines.
- Obtains lab values based on information derived from patient/victim account of the assault and or best practice recommendations for age/situation.
- Communicates/Collaborates with local law enforcement, advocacy groups, court/local Solicitor’s office, community groups for planning, streamlining response, and educational purposes.
- Documents cases detailing injuries in forensic database. Collects data/generates reports from database.
- Contributes to peer-review of cases and other quality measures.
- Participates in review sessions with Medical Directors for case reviews/quality measures.
- Participates in and assists with state-wide meetings, conferences, trainings, etc. with fellow FNE’s and advocacy groups
- Shares commitment to FNE (Forensic Nurse Examiner) on call list with fellow-FNE’s to provide availability of care 24/7/365.
- Appropriately manages chain of custody and adheres to evidence protocols for all evidence collection kits and lab specimens.
- Maintains equipment in proper working condition. Exercises fiscal responsibilities of program resources.
- Participates in providing testimony and coordinates with attorneys during judicial process.
- Registered Nurse with one-year nursing experience or prior experience with care/management of victims.
- Successful completion of the requirements for 40-hour SANE training or equivalent.
- Flexibility with work hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call hours
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong self-motivation, critical thinking and organizational skills.
- Computer Proficiency
- RN licensure
- Current SANE-A (Adult) and SANE-P (Pediatric) certification within 12 and 24 months of employment, respectively as well as maintenance of certification requirements
- Driver’s License, access to reliable transportation/vehicle, ability to drive.
Florence, SC, United States