Health Careers Program Coordinator – AHEC
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Identifies culturally-diverse high school and college students who have an interest in healthcare careers.
- Designs, identifies, and implements effective programs to attract and recruit minority and/or disadvantaged students to careers in the health professions.
- Facilitates programs and activities that promote student awareness and understanding of various healthcare options including Career Fairs and Career Awareness Presentations.
- Identifies and collaborates with community partners who will enhance Pee Dee AHEC and the SC AHEC Health Careers Program mission and provide opportunities for students to learn about healthcare careers.
- Monitors the effectiveness of Health Career Program to ensure quality through activity and program evaluations.
- Collaborates with other Pee Dee AHEC core service staff to meet Pee Dee AHEC goals.
- Interacts and communicates with various individuals and groups such as the center director, regional and statewide AHEC staff, SC AHEC Health Careers Program Council, students, parents, academic faculty, healthcare practitioners, advisory groups, vendors, personnel at community/civic/professional organization, and the public.
- Maintains regional database regarding program activity and outcomes.
- Complies, tracks, and evaluates data pertaining to minority and/or disadvantaged students entering the health care field.
- Markets Health Career Program services through community partnerships meetings, website updates, article circulation, and presentations.
- Collaborates with the SC AHEC Health Professions Student Council to investigate ways to provide health careers exploration and professional development experiences for students prior to entry into health professions training programs.
- Attends and participates in regional, statewide, and national meetings as required.
- Maintains regional database by performing administrative work as required to advance the Health Careers Program, including but not limited to overseeing program records and evaluations, preparing correspondence and reports, entering, and retrieving data through the SC AHEC computerized database, and responding to inquiries related to the program.
- Complies, tracks, and evaluates the health career program outcome data pertaining to minority and/or disadvantaged students entering the healthcare field.
- Coordinates workforce pipeline strategies for baccalaureate and high school students employing the usage of shadow and internship experiences.
Masters degree in Education, Administration, or Health Sciences (preferred). At least two years of experience in a health-related field, clinical experience preferred. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be accepted in lieu of a post-graduate degree. Occasionally, the employee will need to travel overnight.
Must possess a valid South Carolina drivers license.
Strong software and hardware computer skills, scheduling, organizing, as well as analysis and evaluation techniques. Problem-solving and negotiation skills. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Clerical skills with emphasis on resource management
Florence, SC, United States