Receives referrals from physicians, facilities, and staff via Navi Health, fax and paper and enters into HCHB.
Resource person for referral sources and works closely with other members of the Home Health team to ensure adequate coordination and transition occurs.
Follows-up and follows-through to make sure all information is in HCHB to ensure workflow progresses.
Ensure all demographic information is accurate on the referral form based on eligibility.
Follow up on automated eligibility alerts.
Communicates with the Home Health authorization/eligibility team to ensure verification of benefits occurs.
Communicates benefit information with referral source as necessary.
Review and follow-up on entitlement verification issues.
Scans referral paperwork into HCHB timely to ensure that it is made available to Intake Clinical Lead.
Communicates acceptance of referrals clearly with referral sources.
- Typing, clerical and computer skill proficiency.
- Minimum 1-year experience in a home health agency preferred.
- Minimum 6 months experience in medical records in a clinic, hospital, or home health setting.
- Customer service and ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Must understand the issues related to the delivery of home health services and be able to problem solve effectively.
- Must possess knowledge of Medicare guidelines governing home health agency.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and possess effective communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED from an accredited school
- Valid SC Driver’s License and must possess automobile liability insurance
Florence, SC, United States