IT Help Desk Analyst
- Job responsibilities include those listed in competencies document
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values
- Maintains thorough knowledge of duties and responsibilities.
- Maintains working knowledge of all systems, processes, and integrations supported by the Information Technology departments.
- Reads and understands documentation.
- Attends internal and external training programs and completes in-house CBT’s.
- Highlights to Management any trends in processes or procedures for Continuous Process Improvement initiatives
- Initiates daily processing per established schedules and procedures.
- Follows Production Checklist, marking off successfully completed tasks and documenting any errors for follow-up.
- Operates printers and associated peripherals without disruption to workflow.
- Monitors print processes for completeness and deliver output per established Service Level Agreements.
- Functions effectively in a complex, demanding environment of continuously changing priorities and critical time frames.
- Initiates, monitors, and responds to critical backup routines for successful completion.
- Escalates and documents backup errors and failures in accordance with established procedures.
- Removes, inserts and verifies backup tapes in support of various daily, weekly, and monthly backups.
- Prepares backup tapes for transport to and from off-site tape storage facilities.
- Timely and accurately update the Tape Library Database as tapes enter or exit the Data Center.
- Monitors multiple system consoles analyzing console messages, problems, and system/interface malfunctions.
- Maintains Monitoring Check-Off logs per established time intervals.
- Diagnoses and recovers system software and hardware failures per established standards and procedures.
- Contacts appropriate vendor to resolve hardware and/or software malfunctions per established standards and procedures.
- Maintains a functional knowledge of the Operations TQM process.
- Answers incoming Information Technology calls and logs them into the automated Help Desk application.
- Triage and prioritizes calls
- Refers calls to proper support person
- Follow-up with users
- Answers calls before 3rd ring
- Use pleasant and caring customer service voice
- Maintains functional knowledge of telephone device and its capabilities.
- Supports customers on various hardware devices and software programs by maintaining knowledge of 1st level network support.
- Communicates and shares Help Desk knowledge with colleagues on a timely basis.
- Contributes to the functional on-line Help Desk Knowledge Base.
- Maintains a detailed working Knowledge of PhaseWare Tracker and its capabilities.
- Can assist users in building searches and producing reports from those searches.
- Uses remote assistance software to connect into user’s PCs to monitor password changes and to assist in troubleshooting customer issues.
- Meets McLeod Health’s Service Excellence and Safety standards.
- Develops internal and external working relationships with management, peers and/or subordinates to accomplish department and enterprise goals.
- Has good written and verbal communication skills.
- Always presents a professional image.
- Keeps all information confidential.
- Keeps work area clean and free of clutter.
- Work as part of a team and uphold the core values of McLeod.
2 yrs. experience in an IS Operator capacity in a multi-platform computing environment and IS Help Desk experience or related Education.
A minimum of a high school diploma from an accredited school
Physical Requirements: Refer to Occupational Risk Assessment
Florence, SC, United States