IT Sr Systems Engineer (VMWare,Citrix)
- Maintains a professional image and shows excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Server, application and network administration. Plan for growth in the areas of user base and hardware needs. Monitor and benchmark performance and utilization of all Servers. Support server-based technologies such as Windows, VMWare, Unix/Linux, and Citrix.
- Database Administration. Trend growth and performance of all databases. Correct database integrity issues. Monitor and log DB server performance. Implement and test Point-In-Time recoverability. Proficiency with SQL utilities such as Profiler and Trace utilities.
- Disaster Recovery. Develop backup and recovery procedures. Develop, test and document disaster recovery plans.
- Maintain existing software distribution system, software inventory and licensing.
- Install and test software updates, including Service Packs.
- Meet with end users to achieve goals relating to new/existing software.
- Recommend changes to improve user availability and performance.
- Ensure all changes are made in accordance with McLeod change control, security, and risk assessment policies.
- Maintain and enhance Server Standard Build processes to ensure system consistency and security standards are met.
- Lead Server Application Installation projects.
- Participate in on call rotation ensuring 24×7 system and application availability.
- Ten plus years of experience working in a complex virtual server environment supporting more than five hundred servers.
- Experience with server technologies such as Windows, SQL, IIS, Configuration Manager and Linux required.
- Experience with Citrix and VMWare technologies required.
- Experience with modern backup and recovery processes required.
- Experience with Storage Area Network equipment and configuration.
- Experience with Microsoft patching processes required.
- Experience Security processes to enhance server security required and EDR’s such as Crowdstrike.
- Experience working with Linux and container-based applications.
- Experience working with Cloud based technologies such as AZURE.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Information Management, Computer Science, Business Administration, or relevant related field. Relevant experience may be substituted for bachelor’s degree.
Physical Requirements: Refer to Occupational Risk Assessment
Florence, SC, United States