- Ensures that all tests and procedures are performed in accordance with all hospital, state, federal and agency standards and that results are valid and accurate prior to release.
- Establishes and maintains an effective preventive maintenance program for all instruments and equipment in area of responsibility.
- Prepare periodic and special analysis and reports required for management, pathologists and/or outside agencies.
- Maintains appropriate levels of supplies and initiates purchase requisitions.
- Assess laboratory’s readiness for inspection by COLA, DNV, SC DHEC, and any applicable regulatory agency.
- Communicates clearly with other medical center personnel to coordinate needs of employees assigned to section, laboratory, the medical center, patients and all other customers.
- Analyze processes of highly complex testing to validate results and quality assurance. Monitors QC.
- Monitors turnaround time and Laboratory dashboard.
- Teaching as assigned: Precept new employee or student; in-service to staff, students, or guests
- Troubleshoots instrumentation and procedures to maintain an efficient workflow.
- Validates and implements new tests. Develops IQCP plan as needed. Orients new employees when hired and trains employees on new procedures, instruments, or methods are established.
- Serves as the Laboratory Safety Officer and updates the Safety manual.
- Receives and reviews proficiency testing samples. Assigns and alternates employees to perform proficiency testing. Enters results in database as required by the proficiency institute and regulatory agencies.
- Rotates weekends, holidays and other shifts as assigned.
- Performs bench work as needed and in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Schedules personnel to provide adequate coverage to perform all assigned duties.
- Four years’ experience in clinical laboratory
- Minimum of twelve months training in accredited school of medical technology or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of an associate degree in Health Science from an accredited school
- Certification by recognized national certifying agency
- Full-time, 80 hrs bi-weekly
Dillon, SC, United States