Laundry Worker Lead
Job Title: Laundry Worker Lead Supervises Others: ☒ Yes ☐ No
Reports to (Title): Director of Laundry Services
Job Code: 1012500 McLeod Entity: MHIC
DISCLAIMER: The below information on this description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Expectations
1. Job responsibilities include those listed in competencies document
2. Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers
in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
3. Laundry Leader plans, directs, and maintains productivity of staff members in the absence of Supervisors.
4. Maintains sanitation of work area and equipment.
5. Maintains accurate records and reports to include: using hand held computers to inventory carts each day and download
6. Operate ironer machine, folder/stacker machines, and dryers.
7. Sort clean linen into various established classifications.
8. Operates laundry trucks and van for delivering clean linen and picking up soiled linen.
9. Maintain a weekly maintenance schedule and document inspection on checklist in the vehicle maintenance logbook.
10. Maintain sanitation of work area and equipment.
11. Collects all soiled linen generated by the Medical Center and its surrounding areas in a manner to minimize gross
microbial contamination, including but not limited to: collecting soiled linen from using areas and return it to the laundry
plant on a daily basis; handles soiled linen as little as possible to prevent contamination during collection; transport soiled
linen in laundry carts.
12. Sorts soiled linen into various established classifications.
13. Operates CBW (continuous batch washer) to clean soiled linen, including but not limited to the following: program CBW
to process soiled linen as outlined by DHEC, degree of soil and classification; ensures compliance with DNV standards;
ensures compliance with MRMC’s infection control standards.
14. Operate CBW dryer, shuttles, CBW computer, and rail system.
15. Assures dryers are set properly, according to the textures of fabric.
16. Deliver linen to designated areas and restock carts as needed.
Must be 21 years of age with a clear driving record to drive light to medium weight class. Must be 25 years of age with a
clear driving record to drive heavy to extra heavy weight class. Must be able to meet expectations within qualifying period
for equipment training on ironer machines, folder/stacker machines, and dryers. Must be able to meet expectations within
qualifying period for equipment training on CBW washers, CBW dryer, shuttles, CBW computer, and rail system.
HS diploma preferred or equivalent (GED) from an accredited school
Must possess a valid SC Driver’s License
Required to obtain a medical certification card
Physical Requirements: Refer to Occupational Risk Assessment
Florence, SC, United States