Licensed Practical Nurse, Surgery ll, Days
McLeod Health is the region’s destination for medical excellence. Our excellence extends from the Midlands to the Coast along the border of North and South Carolina – serving more than one million people. As medical needs grow – we grow, expand, and improve our facilities and services. The McLeod Health network is comprised of 7 hospitals with locations in Florence, Darlington, Dillon, Manning, Cheraw, Loris, and Little River. We have also expanded into the Carolina Forest area of Myrtle Beach for patients looking for primary care and family physicians.
Founded over a century ago, McLeod is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system which features the strength of more than 800 physicians and 2,000 registered nurses, and more than 8,500 employees. McLeod constantly seeks to improve patient care with efforts that are physician led, data-driven and evidence-based.
Job responsibilities include those listed in the competency document.
Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
Monitors patient and gathers data; to meet the holistic, age-specific needs of patients of, but not limited to, the Surgery II Unit with oversight by the RN.
Provides appropriate nursing interventions, consistent with the Plan of Care and standards of practice, incorporating the Physician’s prescribed medical plans of care with oversight by the RN.
Using Service Excellence standards, conducts hourly rounds.
Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for all patients, families and visitors.
Utilizes appropriate health and safety equipment to protect both patient and staff.
Utilizes standard work in caring for central lines, foley catheters, pressure ulcers, ventilators (if applicable to unit), restraints and patients at risk for falls.
Contributes to the overall performance of the department through the precepting of novice employees.
Contributes to the department growth and performance through hospital system initiatives cultivating nursing involved Evidence Based Practices.
Demonstrates competency in, but not limited to, the following on the Surgery II Unit with oversight by the RN (refer to McLeod Health Nursing Competencies A, B, and C):
- Following all new hire expectations for, but not limited to, the Surgery II Unit.
- Following unit expectations around scheduling.
- Emergency Management:
- Identifying resources, understanding the role of the resource(s), and the ability to contact the resource for needs of the unit
- Patient Satisfaction Initiatives
- Patient Safety Initiatives
- Utilizing the Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Nursing Handoff in Care/Bedside Report
- Maintaining Patient Privacy with the Patient Record/Patient Information
- Providing Patient Education.
- Utilizes Downtime Toolkit when applicable.
- Reconciling and Administering Patient Medication in accordance to policies and procedures.
- Utilizing standard work
- Performs Waived Testing in accordance to policy and procedure.
- Utilizing Improve the Process.
Patient Restraints and Seclusion in accordance to policy and procedure.
Utilizing and performing Code Management
Infection Control Precautions
Caring for patients with, but not limited to, the following unit specific tasks, needs and/or conditions: Daily Patient Ambulation, ERAS, Gastric drains, nephrostomy tubes, G tube, J tube, Continuous Bladder Irrigation (CBI) Bladder scanner, Urology supplies, Epidural Catheters, Lift Equipment, CHG Baths, Chest tube dressing changes, and Wound Vacs.
- Preventative care for Hospital Acquired Conditions.
Demonstrates continued professional growth through setting goals and participating in educational offerings.
Performs all other duties as assigned.
- 1 year of related work experience
- Must possess a valid SC license – LPN, BLS
Florence, SC, United States