Join Our Talent Community
Sign up and receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.
Multi-Skilled Technician for Emergency (FT) - McLeod LorisLoris, South Carolina
Multi-Skilled Technician for Emergency (FT) - McLeod Loris
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
- Job responsibilities include those listed in competency document.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Must be flexible, punctual, and willing to learn in the emergency department environment.
- Directs visitors, answers telephone, relays messages, runs errands as necessary for unit to run smoothly.
- Demonstrates proper telephone etiquette.
- Performs clerical duties in admitting, transferring and discharging. Transcribes physicians orders appropriately
- Is proficient in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies on the assigned unit such as computer, call light system, telephone, copier, and fax machine.
- Demonstrates ability to answer physician’s pages and relay the messages promptly; also the ability to screen calls tactfully.
- Demonstrates proficiency in ordering office/lab supplies and having adequate supplies on hand.
- Assists nurses in obtaining data for assessment as well as assisting the nurse to provide care.
- Acts as a liaison between nurse, patient, patient’s family, physicians and others as indicated. Promotes patient satisfaction. Informs charge nurse of unit activity, personnel concerns.
- Demonstrates knowledge reference to patient safety, security procedures, Haz/Mat response, life safety, utility systems and operation of equipment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of infection control to include PPE, cleaning of patient areas and equipment.
- Follows policies and procedures of the hospital; demonstrates knowledge of HIPPA; practices patient confidentiality and uses complete discretion when discussing patient matters.
- Demonstrates safe and effective use of ED equipment including, but not limited to: obtaining vital signs, placing patient on bedside monitors, obtaining EKGs, assisting with splint application, lab/specimen collections; and recognizes abnormalities which require immediate notification of an RN/MD.
- Transports patients to other departments via stretcher or wheelchair, completing handoff communication.
- Supports the operation of the department by performing tasks associated with general unit organization and orderliness.
- Is accountable for cost effective quality patient care and assists other personnel in containing cost.
- Contributes to and assists unit personnel in Performance Improvement activities.
- Functions effectively in a wide range of crisis situations and in an atmosphere of stress and tension; handles personal and professional frustrations appropriately.
- Demonstrates an alert, sensitive and supportive attitude and responds with empathy and positive interpersonal skills.
- Assumes personal responsibility for professional development and continuing education. Willingly participates in continuing education programs when requested.
- Demonstrates an alert, sensitive and supportive attitude; Always responds to coworkers in a helpful manner, is pleasant and tactful.
- Demonstrates a time conscious awareness and consistently strives to use time effectively. Demonstrates an ability to set appropriate priorities and is prompt in completing assigned tasks.
- Adheres to the hospital’s absence and tardiness policy; is punctual; provides proper notification/advance notice for absences; is willing to adjust personal schedule to complete workload or special assignments when requested.
- Performs other duties within scope of practice as assigned.
- Required Skills
- Must be familiar with medical terminology, and practices and must be able to record information accurately
- Previous experience in patient care
- Must have taken a previous nurse assistant, medical assistant, or EMT course
- Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED from an accredited school
- BLS certification
- Job Location
- Loris, South Carolina, United States
- Position Type
- Registered Nurse for Medical Surgical Unit (FT) - McLeod Loris Loris, South Carolina
- RN CASE MANAGER - CASE MANAGEMENT Florence, South Carolina
- Registered Nurse - Labor and Delivery Florence, South Carolina
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs
Match jobs to your LinkedIn profileStart Matching