LPN, full time, Med Surg Unit, Clarendon
- Assesses, plan and implements the nursing care of SBU patients with the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Responsible for ensuring continuity of care of the patients between shifts by providing direct care as well as supervising the care of CNAs/MSTs and support staff members.
- Participates in patient and family teaching.
- Provides individualized nursing care in collaboration of Registered Nurse to meet the holistic age specific needs of the patient.
- Provides appropriate nursing interventions, consistent with the Plan of Care and standards of practice and incorporating the Physician’s prescribed medical plan of care.
- Using Service Excellent Standards conducts Hourly Rounds.
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Documents changes in patient’s condition and nursing care on progress notes and care plan.
- Ability to perform waived testing (point-of-care testing) per Clinical Laboratory’s and the Swing Bed Unit’s policies and procedures.
- Ability to interpret results of waived tests; take appropriate action on waived tests results.
- Administers medications and follows the five (5) medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/healthcare errors.
- Meets current documentation standards and policies.
- Notifies physician of changes in patient’s condition and follows through until appropriate action is taken. Note and carry out physician’s orders in a timely manner.
- Gives a thorough report to oncoming shift by participating in walking rounds and documenting appropriately on calendar for upcoming needs.
- Follows through as needed on information given by shift report, patient or family regarding patient concerns.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of residents and their families.
- Supervises other members of the healthcare team as needed to accomplish the plan of care which has been developed.
- Not applicable
- Must possess a valid SC license- LPN,
- BLS Certification
- Full-time, 72 hours bi-weekly, 12-hour Day shifts
Manning, SC, United States