LPN – Outpatient Wound Center (PRN)
- Job responsibilities include those listed in the competency document.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Plans individualized nursing care to meet the holistic age specific needs of patients of, but not limited to, the Outpatient Wound Care with oversight by RN.
- Provides appropriate nursing interventions, consistent with the Plan of Care and standards of practice, incorporating the Physician’s prescribed medical plans of care with oversight by the RN.
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for all patients, families and visitors.
- Utilizes appropriate health and safety equipment to protect both patient and staff.
- Utilizes standard work in caring for central lines, foley catheters, pressure ulcers, ventilators (if applicable to unit), restraints and patients at risk for falls.
- Contributes to the overall performance of the department through the precepting of novice employees.
- Collaboratively with the Registered Nurse, contributes to the department growth and performance through the utilization of Evidence Based Practices.
- Demonstrates competency in, but not limited to, the following in the Outpatient Wound Care Center with oversight by the RN (refer to McLeod Health Competency Checklist):
- Collection of Patient Information: pain, lower extremity, and wounds
- Compression Application
- Ostomy Car
- Utilizing Infection Control Precaution
- Vital Sign
- Caring for patients with, but not limited to, the following unit specific tasks, needs and/or conditions: Acute and chronic wound care and management, dressing changes, negative pressure wound therapy and Wound education.
1 year of related work experience
Schedule: Monday – Friday; 8:30am – 5pm
Must possess a valid SC license – LPN, BLS
Florence, SC, United States