Medical Assistant for Chronic Care Mgmt (FT) – Florence
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Assists the physician in assessing the needs of patients based on information collected through history, observation, physical exam, telephone triage and analysis of diagnostic results:
- Performs direct patient care, i.e., triage, assessment, procedures, treatments, patient education, discharge and follow-up instructions. Prepares patient to be seen by provider.
- Collects and documents pertinent information through communication with patient and family to include vital signs, history, and chief complaint.
- Performs chart prep and scans necessary documents in patient’s medical record as appropriate.
- Performs specialized tests such as electrocardiography, pulmonary function test, sleep studies, Holter monitors, and selected laboratory procedures as needed in the practice.
- Prepares and administers medications as ordered by the physician.
- Assists provider with treatments and procedures as needed.
- Schedules testing and referral appointments for patients per provider instructions.
- Consults with patient on telephone calls whether addressing the problem or referring the call to the physician.
- Performs follow-up calls to patients as necessary.
- Performs other duties necessary in providing high quality patient care:
- Cleans and straightens examination rooms between patients according to OSHA standards.
- Keeps all necessary instruments clean and in examination rooms.
- Sets up and maintains equipment and immediately notifies office management of any malfunction.
- Maintains medical supply inventory, checks expiration dates on medications and vaccines and disposes of outdated medications.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of all equipment needed to perform duties.
- Schedules and reschedules appointments as necessary.
- Possesses skills and abilities required in a multifaceted environment in addition to those relating to nursing:
- Promotes a climate conducive to learning through encouragement of co-worker’s formal and informal continuing education.
- Actively participates in departmental quality improvement projects. Promotes the practice mission and philosophy.
- Promotes the practice by projecting a positive image.
Demonstrates a willingness to perform the duties of other department personnel when workload requires.
Qualifications /Training: One year experience in a physician’s office or other clinical setting; will train a highly-motivated new graduate. Strong computer skills with experience with electronic health records; eClinicalWorks preferred.
Licenses/Certifications/Registrations/Education: Certified Medical Assistant Certification required. Basic Life Support CPR certification required
Florence, SC, United States