Medical Assistant (FT), McLeod Primary Care Clarendon
- Performs direct patient care, i.e. triage, assessment, procedures, treatments, patient education, discharge and follow-up instructions. Prepares patient to be seen by physician.
- Formulates the initial database by systematically collecting pertinent information through communication with patient and family, observation and objective evaluation. This includes vital signs, history, and chief complaint, and documentation of all relevant information in the patients chart.
- Records database in patients medical record as appropriate.
- Performs specialized tests such as audiometry, electrocardiography, inhalation treatments, and selected laboratory procedures as needed in practices.
- Prepares medications and gives injections as ordered by the physician.
- Assists physician with treatments and procedures as needed.
- Provides for patient education appropriate to the situation.
- Schedules testing and referral appointments for patients per physician instructions.
- Consults with patient on telephone calls whether addressing the problem or referring the call to the physician.
- Performs follow-up calls to patients as necessary.
- Cleans and straightens examination rooms between patients according to OSHA standards.
- Keeps all necessary instruments clean and in examination rooms.
- Sets up and maintains equipment and immediately notifies the physician office manager or appropriate personnel of any malfunction.
- Maintains medical supply inventory, checks expiration dates on drugs and vaccines and disposes of outdated medications. Orders all medical supplies and assists drug representatives as needed.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of all equipment needed to perform duties.
- Schedules and reschedules appointments as necessary.
- Greets patients and visitors in a friendly and pleasant manner.
- Maintains confidentiality in talking to patients, upholding policies and setting an example.
- Review and confirm electronic chart for any updating information that is needed.
- Notifies the patient if physician is not running on time and lets them know how long the wait will be.
- Schedules appointments or re-appointments.
- Collecting of co-pay.
- Confirms proper completion of patient registration forms and other required forms.
- At least three months experience in physicians office or other clinical setting.
- Computer skills
- Must possess Certified or Registered Certification for Medical Assistant.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma/Equivalent from an accredited school
- Full-time, 80 hours bi-weekly
Manning, SC, United States