Medical Assistant, McLeod Family Medicine Darlington
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values. Keep the Service Excellence statement as first item.
- Assists the physician with providing medical care for the patients:
- Greets patients, takes vital signs, history, and asks patient for chief complaint. Documents all relevant information, findings, and treatment in the patient’s chart
- Escort patients to the exam room and prepare them to be seen by the physician
- Assist the physician with the examination and treatment of patient when required
- Assist with procedures and diagnostic testing when needed
- Helps maintain the medical supply inventory and order supplies when needed
- Provide support to the front office/PSC personnel when needed
- Performs other duties necessary in providing high quality patient care:
- Cleans and straightens examination room between patients according to OSHA standards
- Keeps all necessary instruments clean and in examination rooms
- Sets up and maintains equipment; immediately notifies appropriate personnel of any malfunction
- Retrieves lab results throughout the day
- Displays ability to retrieve lab results from Quest and Lab Corp computers
- Pulls charts for lab results throughout the day
- Maintains confidentiality in talking to patients, upholding policies and setting an example
- All other duties as assigned
High school diploma or equivalent.
Must have a valid certification from accredited Medical Assistant Program.
Prefer one year experience in physician’s office or other clinical setting
Darlington, SC, United States