Medical Assistant, Primary Care Partners
1. Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-
workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
2. The Certified Medical Assistant assists the physician with giving medical care to the patients. This includes but is
not limited to assessing the needs of patients based on data collected through history, observation, physical exam,
telephone triage and analysis of diagnostic data. Responsible for taking vital signs, history, asks patient for chief
complaint, documents all relevant information and treatment in the patient’s chart; schedules testing and referral
appointments for patients, per physician’s instructions. Performs specialized tests and selected laboratory
procedures as needed in practice. Telephones pharmacies with prescriptions requested by the physician.
Responsible for answering patient calls and/or retrieving phone messages left by patients, documenting message by
means of telephone encounter, reviewing requests and/or patient information with provider and returning call to
patient with providers’ response, and or plan of action. Document prescription refill requests and return call to
patients with providers determination including prescriptions sent to pharmacies. Maintains medical supply
inventory; orders all medical supplies and provides support to front office personnel; performs other duties
necessary in providing high quality patient care. Cleans and straightens examination rooms between patients
according to OSHA standards.
3. Keeps all necessary instruments clean and in examination rooms. Sets up and maintains equipment and
immediately notifies the office manager or appropriate personnel of any malfunction.
4. Maintains medical supply inventory, checks expiration dates on drugs and vaccines and disposes of outdated
5. Job includes some amount of work in front office as defined in medical assistants scope of duties. Greets patients
and visitors and handles incoming telephone calls in a friendly and courteous manner; responsible for timely and
accurate patient registration and check-in; schedules appointments and re-appointments; key in demographic
information into the computer; verify patients’ insurance, collects all co-pays, balance due, and self-pay amounts;
performs a variety of clerical support functions.
· Computer skills required
· Must possess Certified or Registered Certification for Medical Assistant.
· Minimum of a High School Diploma/Equivalent from an accredited school
Florence, SC, United States