Medical Laboratory Technician-Certified, Hematology Department
MR1701212680-Medical Laboratory Technician – Certified
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Organize and perform analysis of specimens to include quality control
- Evaluate validity of results obtained. Record and report results
- Perform routine and pre-routine maintenance
- Train assigned employees/students as directed by supervisor. Present formal lectures to Medical Technology students or formal in-service to employee/student or guests
- Develop personal knowledge of trends, developments, and techniques through journals and trade publications, in-service programs, and continuing education.
- Collect, prepare, store and/or transport specimens using correct techniques, anticoagulants, and protocol
- Assist in maintaining supplies
- Review worksheet status, technical inquiry, uncollected tests and printed worksheets for technical and clerical accuracy and assure necessary corrections to appropriate records are made
- When assigned coordinates and supervises daily technical activities
- Analyze processes of highly complex testing to validate results and quality assurance.
Teaching as assigned:
- Precept new employee or student
- Present in-service to staff, students, or guests
- Present formal lecture to Medical Technology students
- 3 years full time acceptable clinical lab experience or Completion of a military Medical Laboratory Specialist Course Phase I and Phase II
- 3 years full time acceptable clinical lab experience
- Certified by a recognized certification agency
- Minimum of an Associate degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or 60 semester hours academic credit from accredited school
Florence, SC, United States