Medical Physicist, Radiation Oncology
Come join our McLeod Radiation Oncology Team in Sunny South Carolina!
Florence, South Carolina offers a growing community, artsy environment, thriving downtown and monthly community events.
- Florence is halfway between Washington, D.C., and Orlando, Florida. Florence is also the halfway point between New York City and Miami, Florida. Florence is located just an hour or so from Myrtle Beach and two hours from Charleston, is about 2 hours from Charlotte, NC and a day trip away from Asheville, NC and Savannah, GA. Need to catch a flight somewhere? No problem, Florence makes it easy with an airport right here in our city.
- Florence has a southern flavor that is second to none. With more than 300 restaurants, mainly locally owned, there are tons of this southern flavor to choose from such as fresh caught catfish tacos, zesty pulled pork barbecue, shrimp and grits, and not to mention the made-from-scratch 12-layer cakes.
- There are lots of activities to do outdoors. Florence has a rail-trail system that travels 43.6 miles connecting parks, cultural features, and historical sites along the way. Golf is another local favorite. Be sure to visit our brand-new soccer and tennis complex. We recently just finished Carolina Bank Field, a brand-new baseball facility for the semi-pro Florence Flamingos. Florence offers health & fitness centers, including the McLeod Health and Fitness center. Want to be immersed in nature? Check! Florence is located near many state parks and national parks within in South Carolina.
- In addition to outdoor activities, the Florence Community offers many opportunities for networking and meeting others. Florence after Five, Young Professionals of Florence, local farmers markets, local arts/cultural events that take place throughout the year including those through the Performing Arts Center happen right here in our community.
** $10,000 Sign-On Bonus and Relocation Assistance Available**
Essential Job Responsibilities/Expectations:
1. This position offers the flexibility of remote/hybrid duties on a rotating basis (up to 33%)
2. Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
3. Responsible for assuring the delivery of high-quality radiation therapy through participation in linear accelerator quality assurance, treatment planning, brachytherapy and consultation in accordance with AAPM standards.
4. Provides technical support and skills for adoption of new technology and continually looking at opportunities for improvements in the delivery of physics and dosimetry support within the department.
5. Assures a high level of treatment delivery by maintaining quality assurance and calibration procedures for all radiation devices according to currently accepted protocols and standards of practice.
6. Responsible for treatment planning physics, radiation safety and regulatory oversight.
7. Uses excellent communication skills to communicate complex ideas and facilitate a work group cooperation with the radiation oncology team.
8. Conducts weekly reviews of patient treatment records and annual quality assurance test on equipment.
9. Maintains ACR accreditation.
10. Proficient in all current treatment planning techniques and complex dose computations.
Job Requirements Qualifications/Training:
- American Board of Radiology (ABR) Certified or Board Eligible
Florence, SC, United States