Medical Surgical Technician – HVICU – Days
McLeod Health is the region’s destination for medical excellence extending from the Midlands to the Coast. The McLeod Health network is comprised of 7 hospitals with locations in Florence, Darlington, Dillon, Manning, Cheraw, Loris, and Little River with services expanding into the Carolina Forest area of Myrtle Beach.
Founded over a century ago, McLeod is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system which features the strength of more than 800 physicians and 2,000 registered nurses, and more than 8,500 employees. McLeod constantly seeks to improve patient care with efforts that are physician led, data-driven and evidence-based.
Full time – 72 hours biweekly
Shifts are 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Rotating weekends and holidays (as scheduled)
Successful completion of a nursing assistant training program or 1+ years of experience in a clinical setting. High School Diploma/Equivalent from an accredited school is preferred or successful completion of WIN Testing or completion of McLeod approved Transition to Work Program
Nursing Assistants work under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse while performing patient care duties such as obtaining vitals, bathing, feeding, dressing, transporting, and grooming. McLeod Health provides advanced skills training that automatically promotes the nursing assistant to a Medical Surgical Technician role. Some of the advanced skills include; but are not limited to, drawing blood, foley catheter care and/or Nurse driven foley removal, wound & skin care; and dressing changes.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Fosters an environment of caring, compassion, respect, comfort, and safety for all patients and visitors.
- Identifies and communicates appropriate patient data to members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Collects and records patient related data through the performance of direct care tasks.
- Demonstrates competency in the Nursing Assistant and Medical Surgical Technician skills requirements.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to safely push, pull, lift, and carry greater than 50 pounds.
- Position requires being able to stand and walk for extended periods of time and includes; but not limited to, climbing stairs/ladders, stooping, and kneeling.
Florence, SC, United States