Medical Surgical Technician (NIGHTS) – Med/Surg Unit (Cheraw)
- Recognizes the normal signs (growth and development of aging) of the patient population indicated above and understands the requirements of assessment, treatment, and care of the specific age group(s).
- Initiates and maintains the hygiene/cleanliness of the patients, the patient’s environment, and the unit environment.
- Understand and recognizes appropriate storage and safety of medications such as (large volume IV’s, alcohol, saline, medications in prepackaged kits).
- Performs or assists with performing nutritional/hydration interventions (feeding, providing fluids, H2O or snacks).
- Identifies and communicates appropriate patient data to members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Collects and records patient related data through performance of direct care tasks.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth through setting goals and participating in Evidence Based tasks.
- Utilizes appropriate health and safety to protect both patient and staff.
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion and respect for all patients, families and visitors.
- Performs general transportation and courier duties as directed.
- Successful completion of a nursing assistant program or 1+ years of experience in a clinical setting. HS diploma preferred/Equivalent from an accredited school or successful completion of WIN Testing or completion of McLeod approved Transition to Work Program
- BLS Certification
- Must have State CNA Certification
- Full-time, 72 hours bi-weekly, Nights
Cheraw, SC, United States