Medical Surgical Technician – Share The Care (float pool)
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE (specific terms apply)
Nursing Assistants (CNA’s) work under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse to assist patients with their daily living activities and other healthcare needs. McLeod Health recognizes and values the critical role nursing assistants (CNA’s) perform in the overall health and wellbeing of the patient. As a McLeod Health employee, you will receive advanced skills training transitioning you from a Nursing Assistant to a “Medical Surgical Technician” (advanced CNA). These advanced skills include but are not limited to, Foley catheter care, lab draws, wound care, etc…
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Recognizes the normal signs (growth and development of aging) of the patient population indicated above and understands the requirements of assessment, treatment, and care of the specific age group(s).
- Initiates and maintains the hygiene/ cleanliness of the patients, the patient’s environment, and the unit environment.
- Understands and recognizes appropriate storage and safety of medications (such as large volume IV’s, alcohol, saline, medications in prepackaged kits).
- Using Service Excellence Standards conducts Hourly Rounds.
- Promotes and fosters an environment of comfort and safety for patients and visitors.
- Performs or assists with performing nutritional/ hydration interventions (feeding, providing fluids, H20 or snacks).
- Identifies and communicates appropriate patient data to members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Collects and records patient related data through the performance of direct care tasks.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth through setting goals and participating in Evidence Based tasks.
- Utilizes appropriate health and safety to protect both the patient and staff.
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion and respect for all patients, families, and visitors.
- Performs general transportation and courier duties as directed.
- Demonstrates competency in, but not limited to, the following on the assigned Nursing Unit:
- Assigned Access Control Applications
- Infection Control/Hospital Acquired Conditions
- National Patient Safety Initiatives
- Emergency Codes
- Hourly Comfort Rounds/Get It Scripting/Communication Boards
- Fall Prone Assessment
- Code Management/Rapid Response
- Evacu Chair
- Wound and Skin Care
- Dressing Changes
- Safe patient Handling
- Waived Testing
- Vital Signs
- Intake and Output
- Incentive Spirometer
- Tubes & Drains
- Foley Catheter
- Nurse-Driven Foley Removal
- Participates proactively in problem solving initiatives
Position type: Full time; 72 hours biweekly; as scheduled
Schedule: Must be flexible, available, and willing to work various shifts as needed to support patient care needs throughout the Hospital System.
Education: Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant Training Program or 1+ years of experience in a clinical setting. Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED from accredited school or successful completion of WIN Testing or completion of McLeod approved Transition to Work Program
Orientation/Training: First week with McLeod: Monday 7:30am to 12:30pm; Tuesday 8:30am to 5:00pm; and Thursday 8:00am to 5:00pm.
Experience: At least 18 months of recent patient care experience
McLeod offers a competitive benefits package to Full time employees:
- Employee Pharmacy discount
- Discounts with a wide range of local vendors
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Discount with McLeod Health & Fitness Center
- Discount with McLeod Spa
- Health, Dental, Prescription, and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
Department: Share the Care – staffing float pool
Florence, SC, United States