New Graduate Registered Nurse – ALL CAMPUSES
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation from nursing school. We know you have worked long and hard to achieve your career goals. Your work as a registered nurse will touch many lives and transform your own. That’s why your first job is so important – it can set the pace and direction of your entire career.
McLeod Health can help you get off to an excellent start. Our New Grad Orientation and Nurse Residency Program will expose you to the very latest in medical technology, affording you a level of clinical training unsurpassed in the Southeast. McLeod will provide structured orientation, mentoring, and support during the orientation period until full competency is achieved. The structured orientation will include general hospital orientation, skills competency validation, New Graduate Seminar Classes, luncheons and ongoing professional growth and development though our McLeod University.
The McLeod Health Nurse residency program is a 12-month program which builds upon the standard hospital orientation program. The nurse residency program will assist you in transitioning to your nursing career at McLeod Health.
Upon completion of the McLeod Health Nurse Residency Program, the graduate nurse will:
- Transition from the entry-level, advanced beginner role to a competent nurse in the acute care environment
- Develop effective decision-making skills related to clinical judgment performance
- Demonstrate effective time management and prioritization skills
- Provide clinical leadership at the point of care
- Strengthen commitment to nursing as a professional choice
- Formulate an individual development as related to their clinical role and future goals
- Incorporate research-based evidence linked to practice outcomes
72 hrs biweekly; flexible schedule with every other weekend. Call is required
At least a two-year associate’s degree from an accredited school in nursing.
Florence, SC, United States