Night Shift Nurse Practitioner/McLeod Cardiology Associates
McLeod Cardiology Associates, Florence, SC
Primary Scope-Inpatient based, night shift, will include rotating weekends.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Expectations
- Job responsibilities include those listed in competencies document
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of physician:
- Displays correct techniques in examination.
- Obtains organized, appropriately thorough physical examination.
- Examines in a safe manner appropriate to the patient’s age.
- Documents all pertinent information accurately, legibly and in a timely manner.
- Orders interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs.
- Aware of effective treatment regimens.
- Considers the single, cost-effective treatments first.
- Knows the use, limitations, and side effects of recommended therapies.
- Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment as deemed necessary.
- Shows understanding of normal and pathologic processes.
- Considers all data before making decision.
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition:
- Establishes appropriate rapport with patient.
- Obtains thorough history of the presenting problem.
- Obtains appropriate history of past illnesses, family history, review of systems, and psychosocial history.
- Discusses case with physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan:
- Coordinates care with family in an accessible, acceptable and affordable.
- Collaborates with other health professionals as appropriate.
- Refers to physicians as appropriate for complex medical management, consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
- Demonstrates responsible dependable behavior:
- Prepares adequately for clinical experience.
- Cooperates with preceptor and staff.
- Rounding in hospital with Physician.
- Performs clinic duties as deemed appropriate.
- Supports physician as required and performs within scope of practice and training.
- Responsible for any administrative and clinical duties as outlined in the Advanced Practitioner’s Scope of Practice.
State of South Carolina Certification as Nurse Practitioner
Florence, SC, United States