Nurse Assistant, FT Days, Medical Surgical, McLeod Seacoast
Little River, SC
Near Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Serving northern Horry County (SC) and southern Brunswick County (NC), McLeod Health Seacoast has 155 patient beds, along with an expanding list of cardiac, vascular, surgical, orthopedic and other services. McLeod Health Seacoast has completed a major expansion by constructing a new modern patient tower, and there are more improvements to come.
As part of our growth strategy, we have also expanded into the Carolina Forest area of Myrtle Beach to provide even more access to medical excellence in this region.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Recognizes the normal signs (growth and development of aging) of the patient population indicated above and understands the requirements of assessment, treatment, and care of the specific age group(s).
- Initiates and maintains the hygiene/ cleanliness of the patients, the patient’s environment, and the unit environment.
- Understands and recognizes appropriate storage and safety of medications (such as large volume IV’s, alcohol, saline, medications in prepackaged kits).
- Using Service Excellence Standards conducts Hourly Rounds.
- Promotes and fosters an environment of comfort and safety for patients and visitors.
- Performs or assists with performing nutritional/ hydration interventions (feeding, providing fluids, H20 or snacks).
- Identifies and communicates appropriate patient data to members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Collects and records patient related data through the performance of direct care tasks.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth through setting goals and participating in Evidence Based tasks.
- Utilizes appropriate health and safety to protect both the patient and staff.
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion and respect for all patients, families and visitors.
- Performs general transportation and courier duties as directed.
- Participates proactively in problem solving initiatives.
- Must be familiar with medical terminology, and practices and must be able to record information accurately.
- Completion of a nursing/medical assistant course or one year of on-the-job training in a clinical setting is required.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED from an accredited school or successful completion of WIN Testing or completion of McLeod approved Transition to Work Program.
- BLS certification required.
Little River, SC, United States