Nurse Assistant, FT Nights, ICU, McLeod Loris
McLeod Health Loris, a 50-bed hospital, specializes in general surgery, women’s services, emergency care, critical care, urology, and physical/occupational/speech therapies and features a Dialysis Access Center. There are 120 physicians on active and affiliate medical staff represent more than 32 specialties.
Sign On Bonus available!!
Essential Job Responsibilities/Expectations
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Directs visitors, answers telephone, relays messages, runs errands as necessary for unit to run smoothly.
- Performs clerical duties in admitting, transferring and discharging.
- Is proficient in the use of equipment on the assigned unit such as computer, call light, phone, copier, and fax machine.
- Assists nurses in obtaining data for assessment and recognizes abnormalities which require immediate notification of RN/MD, as well as assisting the nurse to provide care.
- Promotes and fosters an environment of comfort and safety for patients and visitors.
- Demonstrates knowledge of infection control to include PPE, cleaning of patient areas and equipment.
- Follows policies and procedures of the hospital; demonstrates knowledge of HIPPA; practices patient confidentiality.
- Transports patients to other departments via stretcher or wheelchair, completing handoff communication.
- Supports the operation of the department by performing tasks associated with general unit organization and orderliness.
- Maintains and organizes inventory of supplies; is accountable for cost effective quality patient care.
- Contributes to and assists unit personnel in Performance Improvement activities.
- Functions effectively in a wide range of crisis situations and in an atmosphere of stress and tension; handles personal and professional frustrations appropriately.
- Demonstrates an alert, sensitive and supportive attitude and responds with empathy and positive interpersonal skills.
- Assumes personal responsibility for professional development and continuing education.
- Demonstrates a time conscious awareness and consistently strives to use time effectively. Demonstrates an ability to set appropriate priorities and is prompt in completing assigned tasks.
- Performs other duties within scope of practice as assigned.
- Successful completion of a Nurse Assistant Class or;
- CNA certification or;
- CMA certification or;
- Minimum 1 year of documented clinical work experience or;
- Successful completion of fundamentals in nursing course
- HS diploma preferred or GED from accredited school or successful completion of WIN Testing or completion of McLeod approved Transition to Work Program.
- Basic Life Saving (BLS) certification.
Loris, SC, United States