Nurse Assistant, FT, Outpatient Surgery, McLeod Loris
Essential Job Responsibilities/Expectations
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Recognizes the normal signs (growth and development of aging) of the patient population served. Understands the requirements of assessment, treatment and care of the specific age group(s).
- Initiates and maintains the hygiene/cleanliness of the patients, the patient’s environment, and the unit environment.
- Promotes and fosters an environment of comfort and safety for patients and visitors.
- Performs or assists with performing nutritional/hydration interventions.
- Identifies and communicates appropriate patient data to members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Collects and records patient related data through the performance of direct care tasks.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth through setting goals and participating in evidence-based tasks.
- Utilizes appropriate health and safety to protect both the patient and staff.
- Performs general transportation and courier duties as directed.
- Respect confidentiality of patient records/facility operations. Uses discretion when discussing patient matters.
- Performs standard room checks (stocking of gloves, changing needle boxes, assessing call light function)
- Understands and recognizes appropriate storage and safety of medications (such as large volume IV’s, alcohol, saline, medications in prepackaged kits).
- Minimum 1 year of related work experience and /or completion of one semester in a nursing program.
- HS diploma preferred or GED from an accredited school or successful completion of WIN Testing or completion of McLeod approved Transition to Work Program.
- BLS certification required.
Loris, SC, United States