Nurse Assistant, PRN, Emergency, McLeod Carolina Forest
Myrtle Beach, SC
Essential Job Responsibilities/Expectations
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Directs visitors, demonstrates telephone etiquette, relays messages, runs errands as necessary for unit to run smoothly.
- Performs clerical duties in admitting, transferring and discharging. Transcribes physician’s orders appropriately.
- Proficient in use/maintenance of equipment/supplies (computer, call light system, telephone, copier, fax machine).
- Demonstrates proficiency in ordering office/lab supplies and maintaining adequate supplies for dept. efficiency.
- Assists nurses in obtaining data for assessment and providing patient care.
- Acts as a liaison between nurse, patient, patient’s family, physicians and others as indicated. Promotes patient satisfaction. Informs charge nurse of unit activity, personnel concerns.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Emergency Management Plans.
- Demonstrates knowledge of infection control to include PPE, Isolation Precautions, cleaning of patient areas and equipment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of HIPPA; practices patient confidentiality, uses discretion when discussing patient matters.
- Demonstrates safe and effective use of ED equipment including, but not limited to obtaining vital signs, placing patient on bedside monitors, obtaining EKGs, assisting with splint application, lab/specimen collections; and recognizes abnormalities which require immediate notification of an RN/MD.
- Transports patients to other departments via stretcher or wheelchair, completing handoff communication.
- Supports the operation of the department by performing tasks associated with general unit organization/orderliness.
- Is accountable for cost effective quality patient care and assists other personnel in containing cost.
- Contributes to and assists unit personnel in Performance Improvement activities.
- Functions effectively in a wide range of crisis situations and in an atmosphere of stress and tension; handles personal and professional frustrations appropriately.
- Assumes personal responsibility for professional development and continuing education.
- Consistently utilizes time effectively. Demonstrates an ability to set appropriate priorities, prompt in task completion.
- Adheres to the hospital’s policies and procedures including absence/tardiness policy; is punctual; provides proper notification for absences; is willing to adjust personal schedule to complete workload or special assignments when requested.
- Performs other duties within scope of practice as assigned.
- Must be familiar with medical terminology, and practices and must be able to record information accurately.
- Previous experience in patient care
- Successful completion of a nursing assistant program or 1+ years of experience in a clinical setting. HS diploma preferred/Equivalent from an accredited school or successful completion of WIN Testing or completion of McLeod approved Transition to Work Program
- BLS certification required.
Myrtle Beach, SC, United States