Nurse Educator – Women Services- Nursing Administration
Nurse Educator – Nursing Administration Department
*For Women & Children Services Division
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- The Nurse Educator is the primary source of educational and training assistance of the nurses in care giving positions throughout the medical center
- Will address training needs as identified and prioritized by Nursing Leadership and the Nursing Education Service.
- Work with other types of educators, both internally and externally to coordinate programs.
- Demonstrates a current and accurate knowledge of nursing care delivery and maintains clinical expertise in his/her area of practice. This will be demonstrated through, but not limited to the following (refer to McLeod Health Nursing
- Competencies A, B, C, and D (critical care)):
- Emergency Management
- Identifying Resources
- Patient Satisfaction Initiatives
- Patient Safety Initiatives
- Core Measures
- Physician Orders
- Electronic Medical Record
- Nursing Handoff/Bedside Report
- Procedural Paperwork
- Patient Privacy
- Patient Education
- Downtime Toolkit
- Patient Admission(s), Discharge(s), and Transfer(s)
- Reconciling and Administering Medications
- Standard Work
- Waived Testing
- Improve the Process
- Code Management
- Systems Assessment
- Infection Control Precautions
- Hospital Acquired Condition Prevention
7. Will spend 65% of time in the assigned clinical area directly educating staff.
8. Work on CE initiatives as assigned.
9. Will work on assigned committees representing educators as a whole.
10. Will complete skills fairs as assigned.
Work Schedule: 80 Hours Biweekly. Full Time. This position will work with the Women & Children Services division.
· Experience in teaching, mentoring and evaluating adult learning outcomes. Must have previous experience in women services (Labor & Delivery, NICU, Post-partum).
· Must possess a valid SC license- RN, BLS
· Masters degree required.
Florence, SC, United States