Nurse Educator, McLeod Health Clinical Education
Essential Job Responsibilities/Expectations
1. Job responsibilities include those listed in competencies document
2. Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
3. Collaborates with other Nurse Educators to ensure high quality, evidence programs are being implemented.
4. Facilitates licensed and unlicensed Nursing Orientation, providing an appropriate learning environment for new hires.
5. Serves as a primary resource for new graduates and transfers for clinical competency.
6. Documents competencies for new hires and transfers attending Nursing Orientation in the McLeod Health LMS.
7. Collaborates with Talent Management to schedule orientation and Skills Validation for new hires, contract staff and transfer employees.
8. Conducts Skills Validations for experience Registered Nurses prior to hire date.
9. Creates and completes classes, including attendance, in the McLeod Health LMS.
10. Participates in Performance Improvement initiatives in the department.
11. Participates with the McLeod Health Training Center for BLS, ACLS and PALS certifications; instructing classes, mentoring other instructors, serving as a resource for students.
12. Provides and maintains a safe work environment.
13. Facilitate clinical classes for novice and experienced clinical staff, including, but not limited to, Registered Nurses, Medical Surgical Technicians, Sitters, and Secretaries.
14. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Publisher, PowerPoint and Excel.
15. Collaborates with various departments and committees to promote high quality, evidence-based patient care.
Minimum 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Currently licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of South Carolina by the South Carolina Board of Nursing.
BLS Provider and Instructor required within one year of hire.
ACLS Provider and Instructor required within one year of hire.
PALS Provider and Instructor required within one year of hire.
Florence, SC, United States