Essential Job Responsibilities/Expectations
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Serve as RN Team Lead, overseeing Triage process for team physicians.
- Monitors and maintains appropriate balance of administrative time to accomplish all administrative goals and responsibilities.
- Utilize clinical nursing staff to maintain two half day of administrative time
- Delegate tasks as needed
- Manages all clinical nursing services for the Family Medicine Center.
- Oversee flow of clinical operations, answering staff questions, troubleshooting problems, and seeking out appropriate support as needed.
- Oversee FMC nurse triage process; Ensures triage questions are answered timely and appropriately to deliver the highest quality patient care.
- Develop and utilize EHR report data as needed to monitor all clinical nursing services and address issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure nursing processes and procedures are designed to accomplish safe and effective patient care coordination, chronic care management, care transitions, and delivery of appropriate preventative services.
- Investigate system, workflow, patient care, and operational problems and make recommendations.
- Troubleshoots issues affecting patient care, clinical effectiveness, and clinic productivity, Monitors and reports to Administrator or Program Director when appropriate.
- Helps establish/implement goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and systems for the clinic.
- Serve as a change agent for the Center, ensuring continuous quality improvement and achievement of all patient safety and care quality goals.
- Reviews and updates forms used within the practice. Standardizes when possible.
- Undertake continuous education to remain current with industry standards.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies and rights of all patients.
- Maintains up-to-date departmental policy manual and ensures annual sign off by Program Director and MRMC CNO
- Responsible for assuring patient and internal customer (faculty/residents/staff) service needs are met. Monitors patient service feedback and contributes to the process of resolving complaints and service issues.
- Plan and initiates process improvement and cost reduction opportunities.
- Act as EHR champion and Nursing Superuser for clinical nursing staff.
- Initiates Human Resource actions for all direct reports
- Leads employees to accomplish all job objectives; inspires critical thinking, confidence, and motivation; clearly defines expectations, and maintains personal effectiveness under pressure.
- Responsible for personnel development; develops leadership skills of staff through delegation of responsibility.
- Oversees hiring, firing, and performance expectation process for all direct reports
- Recruits, interviews, and selects staff for patient care area. Maintains direct lines of communication with recruiter. Participates in recruitment activities. Reflects accurate information in position availability record for McLeod Human Resources Department.
- Exercises expert judgement and interpersonal skills while performing conflict management as required.
- Completes timely, thoughtful and appropriate performance evaluations for all direct reports; provides frequent and immediate feedback to employees as appropriate to facilitate professional development.
- Oversees payroll process for all clinic employees
- Keeps staff informed of hospital news through staff meetings, in-services, training, and communication.
- Adjusts nurse staffing to meet patient care demands while maintaining operational productivity goals.
- Attends 20 hours of continued educational annually as evidenced by education profile.
- Assists in the development of a clinic budget, utilizing administrative guidelines, appropriate benchmarks, and anticipated scope of services.
- Monitors and controls clinic expenditures within approved budget.
- Responsible for the ordering of all medical supplies for each clinical area in a cost-effective manner.
- In a cost-effective manner, assists in setting and updating services
- Assists in selecting state-of-the-art capital equipment necessary for quality patient care considering cost, maintenance and pay back.
- Maintains and updates patient education materials and waiting room reading material on an ongoing basis.
- Completes all actions necessary to ensure successful operation of the Family Medicine Clinic and Family Medicine Residency Program
- Assists faculty in providing educational requirements to residents and visiting medical students.
- Acts as nursing departmental liaison to the hospital.
- Collaborates with Program Director and Administrator to define and implement annual clinic goals in keeping with McLeod’s mission, vision, and strategic plan.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with faculty, residents, employees, other managers, and vendors. Supports a positive image of FMC inside and outside the organization.
- Manage special projects as assigned by the Program Director or Director of Operations.
- Attends staff meetings, required trainings, award receptions, and community events as appropriate.
- Reports incidence of inappropriate resident behavior to Program Director in a tactful and responsible manner.
- Assists in other functions necessary due to staff vacancies or absence to ensure a high level of customer service
Qualifications/Education/Training: Minimal Education: Graduated from at least 2-year RN Accredited School of Nursing. BSN preferred but not required.
Minimum of 2 years healthcare experience with emphasis that the candidate has experience in:
1. Extensive communication skills both verbal and written
2. Problem solving and organizational skills
3. Conflict negotiation skills
4. Clerical skills with emphasis in resource management
5. Ability to insure the confidentiality of issues
6. Strong computer skills including skills in Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Midas
Licenses and/or Certifications:
Physical Requirements: Refer to Occupational Risk Assessment
Ability to lift to 50 pounds and carry up to 25 pounds occasionally. Job will involve some stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling, pushing, and pulling with frequent standing, walking, and sitting. Requires manual dexterity with ability to perceive size and shape.
Florence, SC, United States