Nurse Navigator, McLeod Cardiology Associates
Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
Job Specific Duties:
1. Coordinate services and tests to promote continuous comprehensive evaluation and care; initiates and modifies treatment regimens in accordance to accepted protocols and standards of care involving management of structural heart disease patients.
2. Records, within scope, pertinent information in the patient’s medical records and communicates findings to the Structural Heart Team as needed.
3. Coordinates the referral, screening, additional patient testing requirements, consult appointments and hospital-based procedures. Facilitates communication with cardiothoracic surgeons and cardiologists, including referring physicians regarding patient eligibility and clinical status.
4. Collaborates with the MRMC staff, case managers and outpatient services to ensure prompt movement of patients along the continuum of care.
5. Collaborates with a multidisciplinary heart team in planning, implementing and evaluating ongoing care programs and education for the patients, families, care givers and community.
6. Program development and ongoing program maintenance for program to meet ever-changing business climate of the McLeod Heart and Vascular Institute.
7. Collaborate with the Structural Heart Medical Director and hospital leadership to promote quality assurance, promote cost saving measures, procedural efficiencies, and program growth.
8. Develop clinical care protocols and update procedural order sets as needed.
9. Collaborate with STS registry data manger to facilitate accurate data collection and outcomes reporting.
10. Collaborate with appropriate stake holders involved with the care of structural heart patients to promote continuity of care.
12. Assist with weekly and quarterly structural heart team meeting, under the direction of the Structural Heart Medical Director.
- Registered Nurse
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Proficiency with basic computer skills
- Ability to work independently
Licenses and/or Certifications:
- Active SC nursing license from the SC LLR
Florence, SC, United States