Nurse Obstetrical Outreach Educator (FT)
McLeod Perinatal Systems Outreach is part of a state-wide system designed to promote regionalization of high risk perinatal patients and infants. This positon serves 8 counties in the Pee Dee Region that includes Florence, Marion, Horry, Williamsburg, Dillon, Darlington, Chesterfield, and Marlboro Counties. The Perinatal Outreach Educator assesses regional obstetrical educational needs and implements educational opportunities to strengthen the regional system in the identification and optimal level of care for high risk perinatal patients. The educator reinforces communication and coordination essential for the inter-hospital and community care of high-risk perinatal patients. Utilization of information from vital records, transport, discharge, and consultation data will be key in team planning and implementation of successful educational offerings, regional communication, and coordination.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Collaborates with the Regional Systems Developer in conducting educational needs assessments within facilities spanning the region
- Plans and conducts Basic Electronic Fetal Monitoring courses.
- Plans and conducts AWHONN Electronic Intermediate/Advanced Fetal Monitoring courses.
- Plans and conducts obstetrical programming and drills.
- Provides consultation r/t perinatal nursing practice, fetal monitoring reviews/questions throughout the region.
- Leads Emergency OB simulation exercises.
- Serves as an educational resource for MRMC obstetrical staff.
- Assists the Neonatal Outreach Instructor in educational programs and drills as needed
- Attends and participates in local, regional, and statewide birth outcomes meetings/initiatives as designated by the Regional Systems Developer.
- Collects transport and delivery data for perinatal regionalization data bases.
- Provides Maternal Transport patient updates and communication to referring hospitals and physicians within the region.
- Assists with the design and implementation of alternative educational offerings including on-line modules, videoconferences, webinars, and recorded programs.
- Assists in the provision of updates related to obstetrical guidelines and recommendations.
- Maintains clinical competency of current obstetrical practices. This is achieved by a minimal bi-weekly clinical component. (see below).
Participation in daily operations of Perinatal Systems Outreach:
- Submits reports and information as requested
- Provides financial information regarding educational planning to RSD for grant application and budgetary purposes.
- Maintains programmatic records for courses conducted.
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity, flexibility, and team participation to meet educational goals and contractual requirements.
- Participates in monthly Perinatal Outreach staff meetings
- Coordinates preceptor opportunities for perinatal nursing and respiratory staff in region with MRMC.
Work Hours: M-F 8:30-5:00 pm with occasional evenings or weekend commitments in the rare event a regional educational need warrants. One M-F daytime 8-hour clinical shift in MRMC Labor & Delivery or Mother/Baby unit is required biweekly. This is a 0.8 or 64 hour bi-weekly position. Additional clinical opportunity is available for the educator who desires a 40-hour week.
Florence, SC, United States